Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Childrens books

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:21 pm
Someone wrote yesterday about her dream of writing kids books, and actually I share the same dream.

I was wondering if you'd all share what kids books would you like to see? I'm considering writing about the topic of "sharing." A story which brings across this message. And each time working on a different Middah, lesson etc... Do you think you would buy such a book or are there enough books addressing these issues.

Or I was thinking about writing along the lines a Curious George where the character constantly gets into mischief and it all works out in the end.

Would love to hear all your opinions.

Thanks for the input.

Gut

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:29 pm
I like children book that are not trying to educate. But my friends buy a lot of such midde books

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:33 pm
Thanks for sharing.
What kind of books do you like?
my other option was writing in the style of curious george where the character is constantly getting into mischief and how it always works out in the end.
Which kind of book do you think would be more successful?

little neshamala

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:48 pm
I actually dont like curious george at all. I was reading it to my kid recently anad wondering why the heck I was reading my child a book where the protagonist is warned by the adult to stay put, he straight out doesnt listen to the adult, gets himself in trouble (often big trouble that causes some poor shop owner or whatever great distress), and then another problem pops up (usually as a direct result of the original problem that he caused!!!)and because he manages to save the day we give him a round of applause.
Whaaaaaat?

I probably wouldnt mind reading about a child who is often gettitng into mischief quite by accident, by sheer bad luck, through no fault of his own...

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 2:07 pm
What age range? I have some ideas for a series that would be very cool but I’m in the middle of too many other projects to realistically devote enough energy to it. You can PM me if you’d like.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:31 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
What age range? I have some ideas for a series that would be very cool but I’m in the middle of too many other projects to realistically devote enough energy to it. You can PM me if you’d like.

Thanks sent you pm

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:50 pm
Do you know the k’tan tan stories?
The character getting into trouble reminds me of that in a Jewish theme.

One thing I really don’t like are Children’s books that tell a story but making the words rhyme. The story might have a good plot but it’s all lost in the rhyme. I find myself changing the words when I read to little ones since they don’t care about the rhyme anyway.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
Do you know the k’tan tan stories?
The character getting into trouble reminds me of that in a Jewish theme.

One thing I really don’t like are Children’s books that tell a story but making the words rhyme. The story might have a good plot but it’s all lost in the rhyme. I find myself changing the words when I read to little ones since they don’t care about the rhyme anyway.

I’m actually not familiar with the k’tan tan stories. I googled and couldn’t find it. What exactly is it?
Can you post a link to the book?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
I was wondering if you'd all share what kids books would you like to see? I'm considering writing about the topic of "sharing." A story which brings across this message. And each time working on a different Middah, lesson etc... Do you think you would buy such a book or are there enough books addressing these issues.

There are books about midos so you have to think of what your series will offer to be unique. My kids really enjoy the marvelous midos machine. While not a book, the idea is that the engaging story, humor, villian, and other characters are so well done, that along the way they learn about midos while being entertained.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics