Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When to give second mmr?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 12:46 pm
I live in one of the areas with a measles outbreak.

My youngest is 1.5yo and bh preganant with the next.

My 1.5yo recieved the first dose of mmr... the pediatrician said he recommends giving the 1.5 year old the 2nd does (obviously after the 28days from the first one.. which it has already passed for a while), as to completely immune the 1.5 yo with mmr so theres no chance in chas vshalom being a problem with the new baby in the house.

All my older children have already recieved 2 doses of mmr.

Does anyone (talking to pro-vaxxers only) see a reason why not give the 1.5yo the second dose?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 2:15 pm
Is your child in daycare/playgroup? If not I wouldn't.
If your entire family is vaccinated fully then I'd hold off on a 1.5 year old.
If you do choose to, I'd suggest giving your child immune booster vitamins and homeopathic thuja for 3 days prior and 3 days after.

I gave my 5 yo the booster although I wasn't planing on for at least a year. My 3 yo I didn't. I only started vaccinated her, one vaccine at a time, a few weeks before she started school.
I'm pregnant now, and I'm planing to give it to her in half a year if before baby is born if the outbreak is still going strong. If not, I'll hold off till 6.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 2:18 pm
How likely is she to be directly exposed? Even with only the first dose, she has a high level of protection. If she has a high risk of direct exposure, I’d get the second dose.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:11 pm
I just gave my 20 month old second dose today, per my ped and CDC recommendation.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:22 pm
the 1.5 yo is in a babysitting group.. you never know where germs/exposure could be.. vistors in the house etc...

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:06 pm
I wanna take a blood test to check if my 3 yr old is still immune ... If he's still immune im not giving him the second dose before hes over 4 yrs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics