Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Miami without a car
1  2  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:25 pm
Is it possible?
Are there any neighborhoods with a hotel and a choice of eateries all within walking distance? Would take an Uber when necessary, such as to and from airport and on a daily fun trip.

mom24.7

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:52 pm
I went to both miami beach and Surfside without a car. Shuls and eateries all walking distance

Frummommy138

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:17 pm
surfside everything is walking distance, and uber is super cheap.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:43 pm
Definitely possible if you stay either in main area of surfside or miami beach (41st st area).

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:52 pm
Yes I think it's possible.
But I think you can rent a car for about $150 a week. An Uber to and from the airport would cost half that or more.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:55 pm
Yes I did Miami without a car. It’s the cheapest way since Uber in Miami is super cheap. Airport to hotel was around 20 and local rides were around $3 . And if u rent a car you have to consider parking which is a fortune.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I did Miami without a car. It’s the cheapest way since Uber in Miami is super cheap. Airport to hotel was around 20 and local rides were around $3 . And if u rent a car you have to consider parking which is a fortune.

Oh very interesting. Ok op, I stand corrected. And good point about parking.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I think it's possible.
But I think you can rent a car for about $150 a week. An Uber to and from the airport would cost half that or more.

Renting a car would be useless without a license LOL

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:03 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Renting a car would be useless without a license LOL

Do research and choose a hotel near the Jewish restaurants. Pretty sure Collins ave has tons of walkable restaurants and it's also down the block from the beach. There's a few Shuls nearby too.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:12 pm
Hotels charge about $26-30 each day for parking. Even if you use points to book hotel, they still charge for parking. Best thing is to take UBER or walk. How long are you staying?

busy mommy

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:14 pm
There are also free trolleys and cheap busses. Some places like the Everglades will send a tour van to pick you up

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:03 am
Bumping up.

Any specific hotel recommendations within walking distance of kosher restaurants?

Also looking for attractions ideas for 3 adults and a baby. I booked Seaquarium. Would love to do an Everglades airboat tour but there are so many options. Can someone recommend one? What else is a must-see?

I would love to take advantage of this offer:

@DansDeals: Save $50 Off $100 Of Activities, Theme Parks, Broadway Shows, And More From Expedia! https://t.co/kMZYtetKKS

m.twitter.com/DansDeals

What should I look into?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:33 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

It depends if your flying into FLL or MIA. Fort lauderdale is a lot more expensive than $20

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:35 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Bumping up.

Any specific hotel recommendations within walking distance of kosher restaurants?

Also looking for attractions ideas for 3 adults and a baby. I booked Seaquarium. Would love to do an Everglades airboat tour but there are so many options. Can someone recommend one? What else is a must-see?

I would love to take advantage of this offer:

@DansDeals: Save $50 Off $100 Of Activities, Theme Parks, Broadway Shows, And More From Expedia! https://t.co/kMZYtetKKS

m.twitter.com/DansDeals

What should I look into?

If you have SPG/Marriott points the St Regis is right near Harding that has tons of kosher food.
Without points it’s very expensive though.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:57 am
The Everglades is a bit of a drive from the areas you mention.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:22 am
We stayed at the grand beach hotel in surfside, they have a few locations, some are right on the beach. Beautiful place, has a big fitness room we enjoyed. There were lots of frum women there.
Definitely don't need a car there, a few blocks up and down you have everything you need. And a car to the miami airport isn't that much.
We did rent a car, came from ft Lauderdale airport, and even found a free parking space a few blocks away from the hotel.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:56 am
I specifically don’t take a car to Miami
I use Uber as needed.

Not expensive plus sooo convenient in airport and in Miami

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:17 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I specifically don’t take a car to Miami
I use Uber as needed.

Not expensive plus sooo convenient in airport and in Miami

Where do you stay?

clowny

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:18 am
I stayed at the grand beach several times. It’s on 94 and Collins ave (Surfside). Just a block away from several kosher restaurant and kosher grocery. It’s a beautiful hotel. There’s another location on 48 and Collins ave but that’s a farther walk to kosher area which is on 41. And you’ll have a larger variety of kosher restaurants in surfside.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:22 am
clowny wrote:
I stayed at the grand beach several times. It’s on 94 and Collins ave (Surfside). Just a block away from several kosher restaurant and kosher grocery. It’s a beautiful hotel. There’s another location on 48 and Collins ave but that’s a farther walk to kosher area which is on 41. And you’ll have a larger variety of kosher restaurants in surfside.

Grand Beach on 48 is a five minute walk from kosher eateries, and the hotel is right on the beach. I wasn't impressed with the room though
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics