Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
I want to listen to audiobooks in the shower. What audio?

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:00 am
My understanding is that when headphones say "waterproof" that just means against sweat or something.

I've seen shower speakers but I'm thinking that's good enough for music. Is it good enough to be able to hear actual words, over the sound of the shower, without waking the dead? Or the neighbors?

Is there such a thing as bluetooth, noise-reducing headphones that are waterproof enough to wear in the shower?

Feels a little strange but this is a very serious question for me. Sometimes everyday activities are so intensely boring for me, and having something to listen to helps...to a point...

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:06 am
There are definitely things out there because I once heard a 10 minute Halacha from R Aryeh Lebowitz on whether a guy was allowed to listen to shiurim when lap swimming without a shirt on. So.I googled and found this (no idea about quality/price/availability /anything)

https://www.audiophileon.com/n.....hones

Teomima

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:23 am
My mom has a fully waterproof mp3 player+ headphones that she goes swimming with, so "waterproof" really can mean just that (otherwise items are usually labeled as merely "water resistant").

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:14 am
Thanks for the leads! On Amazon everything that came up saying, yes, "waterproof" specified in either the descriptions or the reviews/questions that it's only splash resistant.

Teomima

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:21 am
seeker wrote:
Thanks for the leads! On Amazon everything that came up saying, yes, "waterproof" specified in either the descriptions or the reviews/questions that it's only splash resistant.

I think what my mom got was called Diver brand mp3 and headphones. On Amazon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics