Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
What is your "I can't believe I just did that !" moment?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Emotional

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
Not so funny one: I was on the phone, very upset, emotional, crying, whatever, and during the conversation I went to get myself some ibuprofen. About ten minutes later I was horrified to realize the two pills I had taken were my morning medications - an antidepressant and (much much worse!) a STIMULANT! I had just gone through my normal motions, taking one pill out of each bottle, even noting that I was getting low on one!

Was it evening? Did the stimulant keep you awake?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 11:49 am
You guys this thread is rubbing off on me!!
I’m sitting and reading these hilarious posts all while making myself a coffee and I poured in milk without the hot water 🤦‍♀️

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:08 pm
I put desitin on my toothbrush once instead of toothpaste. It was so horrible, spit it out & it went all over on my new top I was wearing & stains didn't come out

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:13 pm
On counter was a white bottle with label turned to the back. I thought it was mylanta. Took a spoon & my stomach started hurting. Realized it was my sons very strong antibiotic he takes every day for prophylactic measures. Nissim it wasn't any oral chemo meds. I then realized how his stomach must hurt every day when he takes that medicine. He used to be on it 3x a day while on chemo.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 11:43 pm
I prepared a large lasagna and put it in the oven.
Went to check on it half an hour later - and realized I'd put it in the fleishig oven by accident. Started trying to work out what I'd treifed up, when I suddenly realized nothing was hot. I'd forgotten to turn the oven on Smile yey - thank goodness for my absent-mindedness!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:08 pm
Emotional wrote:
Was it evening? Did the stimulant keep you awake?

I was really panicking at the thought of this, so I tried to induce vomiting... and wouldn't you know it, my gag reflex, so overactive when I am pregnant and other random times, completely deserted me. I'll spare the graphic details, but suffice it to say, I didn't chicken out, I just could not make myself throw up. Finally got through to my doctor's office, and the nurse wasn't overly concerned. She did say it was safe for me to take Advil PM, so I did, and b'H it counteracted the stimulant...

She tried to suggest I clearly mark the meds and keep them in a safe place. I told her that they WERE clearly marked, I even knew which ones I was taking! LOL

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:
Wait...you wanted to pour cocoa on top of pasta on purpose??

I’m honestly surprised by this. Never heard of it!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:59 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I’m honestly surprised by this. Never heard of it!

It's cocoa powder mixed with sugar sprinkled over pasta or rice. They offer this in most "heimish" schools and yeshivas when serving pasta or rice for lunch . I used to beg my mother to make us cocoa rice like we received in school. Now my kids when they are young ask for cocoa on their pasta too. It is only done in heimish circles.

mommyla

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:12 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
It's cocoa powder mixed with sugar sprinkled over pasta or rice. They offer this in most "heimish" schools and yeshivas when serving pasta or rice for lunch . I used to beg my mother to make us cocoa rice like we received in school. Now my kids when they are young ask for cocoa on their pasta too. It is only done in heimish circles.

That sounds totally gross Confused

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:18 pm
mommyla wrote:
That sounds totally gross Confused

It is. But the kids seem to like it and I did too when I was a kid . My mother thought it was awful and now as a mother myself I totally agree.

Emotional

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:24 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
It is. But the kids seem to like it and I did too when I was a kid . My mother thought it was awful and now as a mother myself I totally agree.

Listen, I could never quite understand the appeal of celery sticks with peanut butter. Go figure...

mommyla

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:55 pm
Emotional wrote:
Listen, I could never quite understand the appeal of celery sticks with peanut butter. Go figure...

And I love celery with peanut butter!

vet techy

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:00 pm
I had a chasunah to go to which was a couple of hours away.
I was running late getting dressed and decided to drive in my fuzzy slippers and when I get to the hall to change into my heels.
I got dressed grabbed my shoes and ran out. When I got to the hall I went to put my shoes on only to realize then that I grabbed two left shoes of two different pairs.
Not only was I uncomfortable I was so embarrassed and hoped no one would look at my feet.

mommyla

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:00 pm
Back to the original question... I gave my baby a bath. I remembered to bring everything to the sink. Except for the towel...

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:18 pm
mommyla wrote:
Back to the original question... I gave my baby a bath. I remembered to bring everything to the sink. Except for the towel...

At least you remembered the baby! LOL

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:16 pm
hope you were at least wearing a gown till the floor with your two left feet

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:23 pm
Looks like you people are learning a lot of Hungarian Chassidishe minhagim lately

mom_13

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:30 am
Stuffed a paci into my 5 year olds mouth instead of my 3 year olds. And still got upset at her why she was still crying if I gave her the paci which is usually off limits during the day. (In my defense it was when I was cooking for shabbos and running on 3 hours of sleep) Turns out my younger one was crying even louder because a) she didn't get her paci and b) she thought I was giving it away to my older one. And my 5 year old was none too pleased because she considers herself very big.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:51 am
keym wrote:
After my 1 year olds bath, I got him changed into pajamas but totally skipped the diaper. Oops.
That was a disgusting mistake an hour later.

Lol this happened me when my son was born. I was a day after giving birth in hospital and, in my exhaustion, changed his diaper, put on his pants and returned him to the nursery. About an hour or two later I was walking past the nursery and found a group of nurses gathered around a baby laughing. I walked in to realize it was MY baby, and the nurse exclaimed "we have a baby who has already been potty trained! he's dry and all!" I"d forgotten to replace his diaper and a doctor doing her rounds was highly impressed by the toilet trained day old baby!

believeit

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 6:11 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Lol this happened me when my son was born. I was a day after giving birth in hospital and, in my exhaustion, changed his diaper, put on his pants and returned him to the nursery. About an hour or two later I was walking past the nursery and found a group of nurses gathered around a baby laughing. I walked in to realize it was MY baby, and the nurse exclaimed "we have a baby who has already been potty trained! he's dry and all!" I"d forgotten to replace his diaper and a doctor doing her rounds was highly impressed by the toilet trained day old baby!
Wahahah I'm laughing my head off LOL
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics