Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Kids Chanuka decorations DIY

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:38 pm
Hi!!

I want to decorate my house for chanuka, with my kids.. kid made everything! (no store bought stuff!). I am hosting a big chanuka party so I really want everything to look as nice/creative/interesting as possible (meaning I don't want just colored paper with scribbles of menorahs!)

not spending a ton of money on art supplies, but my oldest is 8 and I have a bunch under him (girls and boys). they all happen to love art (even my boys!)

any and all ideas are welcomed!!!

sky

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:41 pm
Decorate the underside of clear plastic plates or serving trays.
Print pictures (in mirror image if there are words) and trace to the underside of the plate (not the eating side) with sharpie marker.
You can use them as serving trays or do it for each place setting you can even make each plate a seating card.
Just wash the plates before using.

Some ideas here:
https://estherodesign.com/blog.....nukah

disneyland

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:14 pm
You know how people hang up the words happy chanukah with just the letters attached to each other. You could do something like that. With paper you can draw each letter in bubble letters and cut the out. You can let your kids decorate each letter, with coloring and then you can tape the letters on the wall next to each other

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:47 pm
We've also done collages of chanukah related things cut from magazines.

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:23 pm
love these!!

anyone else?

TeachersNotebook

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:56 pm
Last year my 4yo painted a canvas that had tape stuck on in the shape of a menorah. When we took off the tape, it shown through as a white menorah on her colored background.

This year, my daughter made a magen David sun catcher. Make the shape out of popsicle sticks. Paint the front of the popsicle sticks blue. Layer small pieces of blue, gray and white tissue paper all over the back, and "paint" them onto the sticks and the space in between with mod podge. When dried, this makes a marbled sun catcher effect. Hang with a hook or string.

You can have them decorate centerpieces. Wrap big fat candles in strings of beads or gems for a blingy table. (Place the candles on beds of beads/gems to accentuate the look.) Color/decorate paper dreidel templates that you fold up into 3D dreidels. Templates can be found online. You can place bowls of decorated dreidels in the middle of the table, or you can scatter them around the table.

Make a huge 3d menorah. Lego, PVC pipe, balloons, stuffed animals... The different possibilities are endless Very Happy

Decorate a wall with a collage of family pictures in the shape of a menorah.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 11:44 pm
One year we made a chain menorah. Made long paper chains like succah decorations. And then draped them into an eight branch menorah. 4 long chains for the arms and one long one going down the middle.

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:21 am
You can do menorahs with silver or gold circle stickers.
You can do pin the shammash to menorah game with blindfolds

You can do a big dollar bill with face cut out hole for placing your own face in hole as pic prop
Or hang pool tubes to put your face in for a photoshoot as a donut. Have kids decorate them with puff paint, plastic sprinkles & stickers beforehand.

Or create a 3d dreidel from an eggbox for kids to wear for pic.

You can create place cards with names. Napkin rings. Creating menorah centerpieces from diff supplies.

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:24 am
You can hang balls with tea lights inside, or with some with faux flowers or with Chanukah themed items

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:28 am
One of magazines had brick board with bricks with candles inside.
They also showed acrylic donut boards with hanging real donuts on pegs. Or acrylic stands with donuts piled up like an on the counter standing paper towel rod.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics