Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Potato kugel in the instant pot

mom_13

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 7:02 pm
Has anybody tried making potato kugel in the instant pot? Were you successful, what were the final results, and what settings did you put the pot on?
I really wanna try this it would make things so much more convenient! Thanks in advance!

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 7:12 am
Yes I tried. 2x different ways was a disaster. Went straight to the garbage.

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 7:40 am
I love my instant pot so so much! I think that people have to understand about this awesome machine is that somethings are better in the oven. Not everything can/should go in the IP. I’m in a kosher instant pot group on fb and people get so upset when their food isnt amazing, but most times its because its not the right thing to be cooking in it.

smss

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 8:58 am
Whyyyy would it be more convenient? It's not gonna peel and grate your potatoes for you. Is it easier to pour batter into the IP than into a pan???

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:10 pm
I dont have a dairy oven so I have done some experimenting with cooking in a baking dish inside the IP. Place a baking dish on the rack with a cup or two of water underneath. Then you place a paper towel on top and then tightly seal the pan with foil. It cant hurt to try it once.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics