Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Toxic boss (I work at home) WWYD?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:03 am
What would you do? I work as a virtual office admin. Almost every single time I have to deal with my boss, which is either through email or whatsapp messages, it becomes so toxic that I think I have to quit, but then when I am not dealing with him, the job is lovely.
Im a grown woman, actually by many years to my boss, and he makes me cry sometimes and other times when we send messages, makes me feel stupid and that I am wrong (and sometimes like I am a child being reprimanded), even when I am not.
I dont know how many times to juts let this happen because the actual job is great.
I dont deal with him every day or even every week, but when I do, its not fun at all.

Anyone who works from home have any insight?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:12 am
I dont work from home but I have an annoying boss too... when hes out I constantly have to deal with him emailing me every second and if I make a mistake hell correct me in a not nice way wtvr... need the $$$....

groovy1224

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:13 am
I don't work from home, but I have had a somewhat toxic boss situation.

If it were me, and it were only a twice or so a month interaction, and otherwise I liked the job and the pay, I'd probably keep it. But different people have a different tolerance for toxic people, so it really depends how badly it's affecting you.

Is he only toxic when he's reprimanding you? Not to sound mean, but do you make a lot of mistakes? Or is he just always a jerk regardless?

karat

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:23 am
I would polish my resume and look for another job, I wouldn’t quit until I found one. Work from home jobs are hard to find.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:54 pm
There’s toxic in which your stress levels are high and it’s really affecting you, your self esteem, your daily life. There’s a whole spectrum. Different than an annoying or not good boss. Weigh the pros and cons

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 1:29 pm
Can you write him back and shut him down or CC his manger while you ask about the tone of the communication? When someone isn't nice to me consistently, I call them on it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers