Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Bracha Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks. I’m over it LOL but we encountered a lot of bizarre behaviors that made me very uneasy about the school.

I don’t want to get into details but there’s a lot of disagreement between the administration and the principal. I found some of their behavior to be disturbing and I heard similar sentiments from the Vaad and from others who are involved.

But even through all that, I am still impressed by the girls that they turn out and just about everyone I know who sends there is happy.

Dodger blue, could I email you for some more info? I’m trying to understand what’s going on there but haven’t had much success. It’s important because I have kids there and need to know what’s going on and how to handle it.
I’ve also had some weird experiences, after having had some good years there and can’t make heads or tails out of it. I want to know what’s happening so I can handle it best for the sake of my kids and my sanity.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:40 pm
I love love love this school!
As parents of Bnos Bracha for the last three years, heres what I have to say
1. The parent body is superb. Frum Lakewood crowd, but not the narrow minded type.
2. The teachers are PHENOMENAL. In addition to being experienced, they go through regular rigorous teacher training workshops to improve their skill.
3.The administration is right on target. I have had all my issues adressed immediately, and phone calls actually get returned.
4. Academically, my girls are being challenged. Lots of hands on workshops!
5. The facilities are brand new. Spacious and clean.
6. The principal, Mrs. Malinowitz, is like a mother to the girls. She is non-judgemental, caring, and compassionate, and is a fantastic Mechaneches.
Im also thrilled that they are opening their own High School! They have a great staff and curriculum prepared, and since its a part of the school my daughter is already in, itll make her transition alot easier BH.
I am so appreciative of this school and the difference it has been making in my girls lives. Feel free to ask me if you have any additional questions.
Hatzlacha, hope this was helpful!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:
Dodger blue, could I email you for some more info? I’m trying to understand what’s going on there but haven’t had much success. It’s important because I have kids there and need to know what’s going on and how to handle it.
I’ve also had some weird experiences, after having had some good years there and can’t make heads or tails out of it. I want to know what’s happening so I can handle it best for the sake of my kids and my sanity.

Sure. I can only share my limited knowledge and experience though. Set up an email address and I’ll email you from an anon one that I already have.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:50 pm
Hi, Anyone send here and can help me?
What type is the school? Similar to bnos penina ( in a good way)? What type are the parents?
If my husband wears a shtreimle will my daughter feel very out of place?
Are there any girls that came from B.P.?

Chayalle

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
What type is the school? Similar to bnos penina ( in a good way)? What type are the parents?

I don't think you would be typical of the Bnos Bracha parent body. All the people I know who send there are more American/Litvish/JPF type, not really heimish or chassidish at all.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I don't think you would be typical of the Bnos Bracha parent body. All the people I know who send there are more American/Litvish/JPF type, not really heimish or chassidish at all.

Hmm.
Ok, maybe you can help me then think of another school to apply to?
I tried the 4 typical heimish schools and bnos penina. I got an interview to 1 school but never heard back from them, so I need to apply to more schools but I need suggestions.
Thanks!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:26 pm
amother wrote:

It seems to be more fine than bnos penina. While there may not be a lot of shtreimels I know at least one such family from bp.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
Hmm.
Ok, maybe you can help me then think of another school to apply to?
I tried the 4 typical heimish schools and bnos penina. I got an interview to 1 school but never heard back from them, so I need to apply to more schools but I need suggestions.
Thanks!

How about Bnos Bina?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:23 am
Bnos Bina is super Chassidish.

Being that I'm not Chassidish, it's hard for me to make suggestions for you Natural. I know that some of the heimish/Chassidish people in Lakewood, who are not specifically looking for a Chassidish school (like Belz) go to Kesser Chaya and Bais Rochel. I think there's also a newer school - maybe Kesser BY - that fits this type. I also know some who send to Bnos Melech, which is really super-yeshivish but works for some.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:43 am
Bais Rochel is very chassidish...
These days in Lakewood you will find men wearing striemels in almost any school. Obviously almost all the men who send to chassidish schools., there’s even a handful in Bais Faiga.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:37 am
Do you find that Bais Rochel is more chassidish then Bnos Bina?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:42 am
How does Bnos Bracha compare to Bais Tova?
Do they cater to the same type of people?

oneofakind

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:49 am
Bais Rochel is known as a more "Hungarian" school so it runs form Heimish/Yeshivish to Chassidish. Bnos Bina has some very plain straight very Chassidish. Bais Tova is known for having more balabatish families although they are trying to bring in a core of Yeshivish families in the younger grades-don't know how'll they'll keep up with the existing "Schwartzs" on a kollel budget. It's a much more pressured school than Bnos Bracha. Bnos Bracha is the polar opposite of Bais Tova-Low pressure academic and social, diversity and I'm sure their high school will be the same. Bais Tova's high school is a very pressured environment. All if not most of the neutral Chassidim who moved to Toms River sent to Bnos Penina.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
How does Bnos Bracha compare to Bais Tova?
Do they cater to the same type of people?

Bais Tova has more of a more-heimish or more yeshivish name.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
Do you find that Bais Rochel is more chassidish then Bnos Bina?

I know people who switched to Bnos Bina when Bais Rochel wasn't chassidish enough. I was under the impression that Bais Rochel is less chassidish than Bnos Bina.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 2:36 pm
Thanks everyone for your help.
I have one more question though, How does Bnos Bracha compare to Bnos penina?
Amd how big are the classes in Bnos Bracha?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:24 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Bais Rochel is known as a more "Hungarian" school so it runs form Heimish/Yeshivish to Chassidish. Bnos Bina has some very plain straight very Chassidish. Bais Tova is known for having more balabatish families although they are trying to bring in a core of Yeshivish families in the younger grades-don't know how'll they'll keep up with the existing "Schwartzs" on a kollel budget. It's a much more pressured school than Bnos Bracha. Bnos Bracha is the polar opposite of Bais Tova-Low pressure academic and social, diversity and I'm sure their high school will be the same. Bais Tova's high school is a very pressured environment. All if not most of the neutral Chassidim who moved to Toms River sent to Bnos Penina.
[quote]

Can you eloborate a bit about Bnos Penina? Can't seem to get much information about the school... is Nuetral Chassidish considered the same as modern chassidish?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 4:16 pm
Anyone have any new information for this school?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 8:07 pm
[quote="amother [ Burgundy ]"]
Quote:

Can you eloborate a bit about Bnos Penina? Can't seem to get much information about the school... is Nuetral Chassidish considered the same as modern chassidish?

I am a happy Bnos Penina parent. We are an out-of-town type yeshivish working family. My husband has no beard.
As happy as I am, if I had a baby girl now, I don't think I would send to Bnos Penina in 5 years because the lower grades are definitely becoming more chassidish. The principal has been getting pressure from the parent body to include more Yiddish. I have nothing against chassidim but you know what I mean.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 8:17 pm
Just out of curiosity, what would you say the older grades are like?
The upcoming 6,7, and 8th grade?
I do know they took in A LOT of Boro park ppl..

Edited to add a word..
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics