Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to make skin look young and pretty when bare.
Previous  1  2

asmileaday

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 9:41 pm
Many times if I'm lazy to put on foundation I'll use a concealer that's close to my skin color and only dab it on the necessary spots. I use the concealer brush from real techniques and apply with a tap tap motion. Then I use light circular motions to blend out the edges. It looks like I'm not wearing makeup yet the problem spots are covered.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 11:03 pm
I struggled with acne and red skin for years. I tried many many products and makeup brands. Then I turned my life around and changed my diet and health lifestyle because of other health issues I had and my skin became smooth and nice. I hardly wear makeup now.

Not always true that the outside reflects on the inside because many people have baby skin and their intestines are full of garbage but when the skin isn’t beautiful it is almost always the insides.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 1:05 am
amother wrote:
Thanks.
Any suggestions specifically for ... vainy red nose?

See a dermatologist - rule out rosacia. You may need a dose of oral or topical antibiotics. it's a bacterial infection that's treatable but chronic - it comes back for a lot of people.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 8:20 am
I had scars on my skin and occasional pimples and lots of bumps. I wore lots of foundation.

I went to Dora in Lakewood who gave me a facial and prescribed me a cream regiment. Within two weeks my fave was glowing.

I don’t wear any foundation now at all.

I’m trying pot a cream under eye cream from her now- waiting to see how it works.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 9:50 am
Getting real with the pain behind your unshed tears, feeling that pain and processing through it, is a great way to get rid of bags under your eyes, and baggage that you carry around emotionally.

My face changed as I started working through my stuff. My bags under my eyes are shrinking.

It seems to be well known in Chinese medicine that bags under ones eyes (not natural darkness) are from unshed tears.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
Getting real with the pain behind your unshed tears, feeling that pain and processing through it, is a great way to get rid of bags under your eyes, and baggage that you carry around emotionally.

My face changed as I started working through my stuff. My bags under my eyes are shrinking.

It seems to be well known in Chinese medicine that bags under ones eyes (not natural darkness) are from unshed tears.
dont believe in this, I have plenty unshed tears and no bags bh due to genetics yet my neice was born with bags - she's young now and has dark bags under eyes...it's genetics!

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 12:51 pm
amother wrote:
dont believe in this, I have plenty unshed tears and no bags bh due to genetics yet my neice was born with bags - she's young now and has dark bags under eyes...it's genetics!

Does she have a large forehead, and perhaps a well defined chin?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:12 pm
I am happy with the products from the Dead Sea line. You can often find a stand in the mall and get a customized recommendation. Depending on the product, may be pricey.

The Balabusta

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:55 pm
I heard skin is affected by pregnancy. My pregnancies caused some blotchy spots but nothing too bad. However I have been fortunate as my skin is pretty good. I think my grandmother always gave me good advice which was not to wear any make up. I imagine it may be difficult for you to stop but maybe give your skin a long break and whoever sees you should love you the way you are. If they don’t, make up won’t help. Nevertheless Drink a lot of water. And make sure you have regular bowel movements, as amother mentioned.

aliavi

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:43 am
A derm told me to use something with ceramides, like Cervae. I use the Cerave PM and then moisturizer and I’ve seen a difference in my face and eye coloring. You didn’t say if you have dry or oily skin, but those can effect coloring, as can sun exposure, so wear sunscreen. Oils need to be used on wet skin and then a moisturizer.

I wear foundation most days. It’s essential for me because it’s an extra layer for my very dry skin to be happy in the cold, dry air. It’s also a sunscreen layer for me.

You may just need to get used to seeing your makeup-less, but beautiful, face.

aliavi

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:44 am
asmileaday wrote:
Many times if I'm lazy to put on foundation I'll use a concealer that's close to my skin color and only dab it on the necessary spots. I use the concealer brush from real techniques and apply with a tap tap motion. Then I use light circular motions to blend out the edges. It looks like I'm not wearing makeup yet the problem spots are covered.

Those brushes are my favorite. And vegan/synthetic if anyone needs.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 2:59 am
Hydration.
But look at young people often their skin davka isn't perfect. My skin is much better now! lol

brkn

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:57 am
Bags under eyes may be genetic, but make sure you get enough sleep and drink plenty of water. Keep your skin well moisturised by using lotions and avoiding harsh soaps. Retinol may also help - amazon and roseroseshop have good prices for retinol products, but amazon has better shipping.

You may need a dr prescription if you have rosacea, but BHA may also help. Avoid AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) unless you know for sure it's not rosacea. It can irritate and make the redness worse.

Also, sunscreen every day will keep your skin looking nice.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 11:42 am
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr.....;th=1

I just ordered this Vitamin C serum. It has over 10,000 reviews and most are very positive.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 4:57 pm
Please write back and tell us how the Truskin vitamin C serum works.

levlongnprosper

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks.
Any suggestions specifically for bags under eyes. And vainy red nose?

Start from within by making sure you're hydrated and eating lots of fruits and veggies and not much nosh.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep!!

When you wake up, apply something cold like a refrigerated spoon to your under eye area to reduce the baggieness-- I use cold used teabags (gentle teas like black or chamomile, never mint).

I've heard the caffeinated ones help more but I've never noticed it myself.

Another thing that drastically helped was not wearing makeup and ditching fancy dreams and products. My skin was weird for about two months then it balanced itself out. I exfoliate with a homemade sugar scrub maybe once a year only if my skin needs it, and I'll use jojoba oil to treat dryness as needed (coconut oil makes me break out, almond oil works for me too but I like the lighter feel of jojoba). I usually only need it once or twice in the dead of winter.

If I eat poorly and sometimes right before my period I'll get one or two marks, but nothing like back when I used products.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
Please write back and tell us how the Truskin vitamin C serum works.

Ive tried it and don't like it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 11:59 pm
I found the radha retinol miracle moisturizer to work wonders. I wash my face with treeactiv wash & use the radha moisturizer.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 9:58 am
Use an apple cider vinegar toner after washing your face. You’ll see results very quickly. It helps restore the acid mantle on your face (which in many people has been wiped out from the harsh products used on it every day) - the acid mantle helps keep your skin glowing and healthy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics