Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How do ppl have an extra"" 20k or more to make weddings?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

sequoia

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:48 pm
Not doing fertility treatments is a lack of emunah? Good heavens...

It’s not like you’re on bc!

Contemporary chareidi Judaism is just the most bizarre mish-mash sometimes.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 8:41 pm
Its hard to live without spending when there's so much peer pressure around. But I got used to ask friends if I can use their fancy clothing etc. Then I need to watch it more and return promptly. We still did not buy a house or appartment. We put away 2-3 k and then need to use. Right now there's illness in my family its put us on red and I never know how money will be sufficient in 3 days from now, never mind 3 months or 3 years. If you can and both spouses agree, do save the most possible. You will not regret. Thank Hashem every day you are in a better position than me. Do not take it for granted even one second. Try not to go as lavish as you wish at your simchas and make a wedding fund and a mini retirement fund. Even gifts should be with a controlled cap.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
Just want to say to all who have a home or an income - be grateful

People out there like me live in debt, rent their home, and have no clue how they'll marry off.

And many of us work just as hard or harder than others but life's circumstances brought us to this point

This is me

Boca00

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 10:25 pm
This thread is tempting me to make destination weddings with just close friends and family in attendance. Anyone who doesn't feel close enough to drive/fly to the wedding doesn't need to be there.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics