Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
The Circle - children's magazine
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 12:12 pm
My 8 year old is a voracious reader. He reads books in a day. He loves the circle. They will bill you monthly if its easier on your wallet which I appreciate.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:10 pm
Orchid wrote:
Anyone get and have feedback?

My children absolutely LOVE it and eagerly anticipate and wait for each week's issue and then fight over it! Smile
It's very well written, with lots of interesting, educational content and variety, probably the best kids magazine so far.
We're real Circle fans!

milko

Post Sat, Dec 01 2018, 8:55 pm
Can I buy it in Stamford hill?

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Dec 01 2018, 11:11 pm
Wow! I'm also a weekly Circle writer and it's really nice to hear how y'all feel about the magazine! Very Happy Very Happy

Chaya123

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:39 am
milko wrote:
Can I buy it in Stamford hill?

Not sure, email them submissions@circmag.com.

anon for this

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:08 am
I would assume that at that price the magazine is ad-free. Is that true?

Chaya123

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:28 am
anon for this wrote:
I would assume that at that price the magazine is ad-free. Is that true?

Correct, it's just articles for children. Very interesting, eye catching and informative! My children literally devour it!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 12:00 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Correct, it's just articles for children. Very interesting, eye catching and informative! My children literally devour it!

I hope they don’t literally devour it, we don’t recommend that TMI Very Happy

Hi fellow writer! Wave So glad to read all this great feedback. Suggestions for topics are always welcome!

Chaya123

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
I hope they don’t literally devour it, we don’t recommend that TMI Very Happy

Hi fellow writer! Wave So glad to read all this great feedback. Suggestions for topics are always welcome!

Smile
My girls are requesting comics about girls!

Seashell

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 8:51 pm
Hi,
Trying out the circle & debating about a subscription. I’m very picky with my kids not reading content that’s overly violent, sad or creepy. My kids are still young & sensitive. Will we be happy with the circle? (For reference I’m ok with them reading mishpacha junior but not so comfortable with Aim.)

Read this week’s circle and would also like some clarity regarding the story ‘out of mind’, what does it mean that ‘Leah was in Tzippy’s head, looking out through her eyes’, sounded kinda creepy. Also wondering about the comic power struggle or some similar name, had cartoons with a chicken body with 5 human children’s heads. Looked totally freaky. If anyone can please explain these stories -don’t want to judge based on just one week.

(Disclaimer: I totally respect that there are all kinds of readers of varying ages and literature tastes. I’m asking for my personal family at this specific stage we’re at, trying to see if it’s for us.)

In general the magazine does seem very well written, interesting, and I like that they also include Divrei Torah, halochos, true stories etc.

Thanks!!

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 9:24 pm
Nice but not worth the price..

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 9:51 pm
I bought it once and my kids found it childish. I guess they're too old for it. I think by age ten they grow out of it. My kids prefer Aim. And I enjoy reading Aim too.

bobeli

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 10:08 pm
My kids love it.
There is a phone number that has the recording of the stories for kids that don’t read yet or need help.
If you want to see the content look for the book that where serials in the magazine like agent gizmo
Thank you writers for the excellent kosher outlet

momtra

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 10:45 pm
All of my kids , ages 9-14 really enjoy it!

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 11:00 pm
Seashell wrote:
Hi,
Trying out the circle & debating about a subscription. I’m very picky with my kids not reading content that’s overly violent, sad or creepy. My kids are still young & sensitive. Will we be happy with the circle? (For reference I’m ok with them reading mishpacha junior but not so comfortable with Aim.)

Read this week’s circle and would also like some clarity regarding the story ‘out of mind’, what does it mean that ‘Leah was in Tzippy’s head, looking out through her eyes’, sounded kinda creepy. Also wondering about the comic power struggle or some similar name, had cartoons with a chicken body with 5 human children’s heads. Looked totally freaky. If anyone can please explain these stories -don’t want to judge based on just one week.

(Disclaimer: I totally respect that there are all kinds of readers of varying ages and literature tastes. I’m asking for my personal family at this specific stage we’re at, trying to see if it’s for us.)

In general the magazine does seem very well written, interesting, and I like that they also include Divrei Torah, halochos, true stories etc.

Thanks!!

Hi there,

The "Out of Mind" story, as I see it, has some kind of sci-fi premise where one girl has seizures (or fainting spells, or something) and becomes part of someone else during these blackout periods. It seems interesting - I missed a few chapters, but I like that it's a little different than usual.

I don't really get what's happening in that comic. I stopped trying. My son (who's a comic junkie) doesn't like it either.

Some of the comics are kind of scary but not any more than the Mishpacha Jr. IMO, definitely tamer than Aim. My 6-year-old who's just learning to read loves to look at parts of it, especially the back cover with the picture search.

Hope that helps!

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 11:03 pm
My kids love the circle magazine!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 2:01 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Wow! I'm also a weekly Circle writer and it's really nice to hear how y'all feel about the magazine! Very Happy Very Happy

Do you know if they are looking for additional writers?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:18 am
bobeli wrote:
My kids love it.
There is a phone number that has the recording of the stories for kids that don’t read yet or need help.
If you want to see the content look for the book that where serials in the magazine like agent gizmo
Thank you writers for the excellent kosher outlet

That’s so interesting about the phone number. I was unaware. Where can I find the phone number? Thank you.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:56 pm
I honestly don't read thru it every week, but my kids attack it the moment it arrives, now Sunday morning and all week long are busy reading it from cover to cover. I actually wish it would come closer to Shabbos bec then they would read it on Shabbos, instead of already being finished. Anyway, my opinions on the mag haven't changed and it's by far the best children's magazine on the market. They should publish it in yiddish and Ivrit for the yiddish and Hebrew speaking market.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Do you know if they are looking for additional writers?

no clue but doesn't hurt to try! contact them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics