Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Make Chanukah fun for teen dds

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 6:22 pm
I found that when my kids were little it was so easy to make Chanukah fun for them: fun games, fun food, fun crafts, very inexpensive new gifts etc. Now that I have just teen girls, any ideas for what I could do each night to make Chanukah really a nice family yomtov? Fun? Enjoyable? Thanx.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 6:38 pm
I do game or project nights. Grab Apples to Apples or Settlers or whatever they might like. Out of the Loop is an app game that's fun and low key. Make an ice cream sundae bar, or salsa, chips and dips or the like. Projects could be a puzzle that isn't too hard, or whatever crafty thing they might like.

I also do a group trip to the book store and/or the library- we have readers. We also do dreidels one night. Not just the regular game, but who can get the most spinning and the like. And baking is fun too- I often do that one at a time, maybe while some of the others are out.

levlongnprosper

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
Now that I have just teen girls, any ideas for what I could do each night to make Chanukah really a nice family yomtov? Fun? Enjoyable? Thanx.

What are your girls like? What do they like doing? What are their interests? There's all kinds of things: museums, advanced crafts, baking or advanced baking (homemade sufganiot in fun flavors!), trips to local interests or bookstores or whatever, at home spa night if they're into that, learning a new skill with a one time class (like pottery/wheel spinning, etc), Escape the Room challenges, there's so much our there, but no one here knows your girls like you do!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics