Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What makes your baby laugh?
Previous  1  2

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:41 pm
mammale wrote:
I think people are being a bit harsh. Each parent does what they feel is good for their kids. Op said she doesn't do pain meds, she did NOT say she ignores her baby screaming in pain. She is asking how to distract her baby from the pain - that is teaching her child how to cope with pain, and will serve her/him for the rest of her/his life.

FTR. I don't do pains meds either, and neither does my mother. I believe that is why I have a high tolerance for pain. If my kids were in alot of pain, and nothing else was working, I'd give them as a last resort.

Op, I nurse my babies alot when they are teething, and hold them and let them bite my finger. I've heard of rubbing vodka, but I never noticed a difference.. clove tea ( also didn't notice a difference... I'm going to try ground cloves like someone else mentioned).
What makes baby laugh? Talking, making noises / faces... Kissing under chin..

Its one thing not to do pain meds - its quite another to react to a baby in pain by trying to make her laugh. Seems cruel to me.

mammale

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
Its one thing not to do pain meds - its quite another to react to a baby in pain by trying to make her laugh. Seems cruel to me.

I see it as trying to distract baby from pain, a great place to start. Depending how much pain baby is in, it might be all she needs ( or it won't work, and she will need to take stronger measures)

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:14 pm
mammale wrote:
I see it as trying to distract baby from pain, a great place to start. Depending how much pain baby is in, it might be all she needs ( or it won't work, and she will need to take stronger measures)

We have different styles then. I think the best place to start is to sooth.

NovelConcept

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:39 pm
mammale wrote:
She is asking how to distract her baby from the pain - that is teaching her child how to cope with pain, and will serve her/him for the rest of her/his life.

Everything depends on severity. I once had a sore throat that was absolutely murderous. If I hadn't had pain reliever I would. not. have. handled. it!

There are times you give, just out of chesed. Sometimes we can handle the pain life sends our way, sometimes we suck up our hopes and dreams for "ideal" or "clean living" and give the darn medicine...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics