Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Would small Gefilte Fish balls stay round after cooking?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 2:48 pm
Would small Gefilte Fish balls, about the size of a tennis ball, made of slightly defrosted Gefilte Fish loaves,scooped out with a small cookie scoop. stay round after cooking?

Also what if I want to make some in different colors, some colored w spinach juice, etc, how would I do that?

Anon because I want to serve it this Shabbos.

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 4:43 pm
Same way meatballs cooked in tomato sauce...same way fish balls would stay in tomato sauce just don't overcook, so that it doesn't fall apart

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 5:07 pm
dankbar wrote:
Same way meatballs cooked in tomato sauce...same way fish balls would stay in tomato sauce just don't overcook, so that it doesn't fall apart

Id be cooking them in regular fish broth, so theyd be floating around more than in Tomato sauce. Tomato sauce is way heavier. I guess the only way to know is to try.

levlongnprosper

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:28 pm
I can't speak to how well they'll hold together but to the color. Use powdered vegetables because adding liquid could thin them out too much and make them not hold together as well.

Beet powder will be a beautiful fuchsia, spinach for green, turmeric for yellow, carrot for orange, tomato for red, etc.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:26 pm
I make fish balls very often, they keep their shape nicely. Make sure the water is really boiling and don't let the balls touch each other until they're are cooked enough otherwise they stick together.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 3:25 am
Depends how tasty they are - if they're really good they wouldn't stay 'round me for very long Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen