Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Miami-Orlando vacation. Please help me plan
1  2  Next

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:45 pm
I want to plan a vacation. I've been to Miami before, but I still have some questions. I want to do shabbos in miami and then go to Orlando for a day or 2.

Here are some of my questions.

1-I stayed in miami last time. I want to stay in the surfside section since it is right near food and beach. Does anyone know of a place for nice shabbos meals there (I did tower 41 last time)? Where can dh daven in surfside? What's your favorite place to stay and eat there? (Checked the area out last time so I know we like it, but would still like to hear from people who have stayed there.

2- regarding Orlando
We are 2 adults who don't like rides. What else is there to do there? If we arrive Sunday afternoon and can stay until Monday night or Tuesday morning, is that enough time? What would be a good itinerary or must dos there?

Where to stay in Orlando? I need a very upper class clean place as I am very particular.

What about kosher food? Minyan?

I really appreciate any answers that you can provide.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
I want to plan a vacation. I've been to Miami before, but I still have some questions. I want to do shabbos in miami and then go to Orlando for a day or 2.

Here are some of my questions.

1-I stayed in miami last time. I want to stay in the surfside section since it is right near food and beach. Does anyone know of a place for nice shabbos meals there (I did tower 41 last time)? Where can dh daven in surfside? What's your favorite place to stay and eat there? (Checked the area out last time so I know we like it, but would still like to hear from people who have stayed there.

2- regarding Orlando
We are 2 adults who don't like rides. What else is there to do there? If we arrive Sunday afternoon and can stay until Monday night or Tuesday morning, is that enough time? What would be a good itinerary or must dos there?

Where to stay in Orlando? I need a very upper class clean place as I am very particular.

What about kosher food? Minyan?

I really appreciate any answers that you can provide.

Why do you want to go to Orlando?

I like the Ritz Carlton.

https://www.koshergrillorlando.com/

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:59 pm
In orlando, we enjoyed seaworld without rides. We went biking. and we went to kennedy space center.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
Why do you want to go to Orlando?

I like the Ritz Carlton.

https://www.koshergrillorlando.com/

To check it out! One of the places on the list. Figured since I checked miami out last time I can check Orlando out this time.

Will check out your suggestions. Thanks!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
To check it out! One of the places on the list. Figured since I checked miami out last time I can check Orlando out this time.

Will check out your suggestions. Thanks!

Okay. Its very much a place you go to for specific attractions read: amusement parks.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
Okay. Its very much a place you go to for specific attractions read: amusement parks.

I guess that's my question then. Is it worth checking out even if we dont like rides?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:13 pm
There's so much to enjoy in Orlando even if you don't do rides. Magic kingdom, Epcot, SeaWorld are all amazing.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:
I guess that's my question then. Is it worth checking out even if we dont like rides?

Do you like Disney stuff? Animals?

If you are looking for a classy city - this isn't it.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:16 pm
Thanks to all who are responding! The answers are creating more questions!

What do you do in epcot and magical kingdom?
How far are the hotels from the parks?
How much time is needed in the parks if we are not doing rides?
Is it silly to go if we only have a day or day and a half?

studying_torah

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:28 pm
Just be aware that Miami to Orlando is a 4-5 hour drive.
Do you really want to drive that much for such a short time?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:29 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks to all who are responding! The answers are creating more questions!

What do you do in epcot and magical kingdom?
How far are the hotels from the parks?
How much time is needed in the parks if we are not doing rides?
Is it silly to go if we only have a day or day and a half?

Do you have internet access?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:54 pm
Have you ever been to a Disney park? It’s much more than typical amusement park rides. There is a certain experience in the quality and design of the park; themes, attention to detail including some rides that should not be missed. (You can skip over the few outdoor rides that are more generic.) They have beautiful fireworks shows at night. There are websites, blogs, and you tube videos about what not to miss in each park. Magic Kingdom and Epcot are the most popular and I would highly recommend them.
Epcot has a section called “world showcase” that are replicas of various countries. You feel like you are walking in that country.
Some people like to visit the various Disney themed hotels to see how they incorporate the theme into the design of the hotel. I did this with my DH years ago and we enjoyed it very much.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 12:19 am
Chabad has davening in orlaNdo. Beautiful building

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 12:20 am
Gator land is great if you’re looking for a cheaper quieter option

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 9:18 am
studying_torah wrote:
Just be aware that Miami to Orlando is a 4-5 hour drive.
Do you really want to drive that much for such a short time?

We drive it fairly often. It's actually almost always 3.5 hours. We usually do it for a two day trip, but we have done it in the evening, spent the night at a hotel, and then spent a full day at a park before driving back at night. It's very worthwhile for us, but we happen to love Orlando.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 9:31 am
Magic Kingdom- if you like Disney then go for it. There is much more to do there than rides.

For a couple I recommend Epcot. It’s a really nice park!!! Go there for a day- you need a full day for it.

The half day that you have you can do Disney Springs. It’s also nice for a couple.

There are tons of decent hotels in that area. Royal Caribe is close by and fairly decent.

There’s a restaurant there called Tel Aviv. Also in the area.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 10:01 am
Again. Thank you to all who are contributing!

Is my best bet to rent a car and drive from miami to Orlando?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:38 am
Based on these answers, I think we will scratch the Orlando plan for now.

Can anyone help me with recent info regarding staying in the surfside area for shabbos? Meals? Shul?

Thanks!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:57 am
amother wrote:
Based on these answers, I think we will scratch the Orlando plan for now.

Can anyone help me with recent info regarding staying in the surfside area for shabbos? Meals? Shul?

Thanks!

There is a beautiful Chabbad shul right there. They sometimes do meals and restaurants there also do Shabbos meals but get booked pretty in advance (backyard bbq, kosh off the top of my head...)

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 7:34 pm
OP here. Thanks to all who replied.

I'm updating what I found out in case anyone else out there is looking for current information.

Both kosh and backyardbbq are doi g Friday night meals this year. Harbor grill has a takeout package. I have not found any day meals yet.

If anyone has anything to add, please post. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics