Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Share your "nes" Chanukah
1  2  3  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 8:40 pm
(this really belongs under chitchat but I wanted an anonymous forum)

Mine is-

For the first time in about 3 or 4 years (no joke) my ironing basket is actually EMPTY. And not because some kid upended it all on to the floor. I've actually done ALL of the ironing. A true bracha from HKBH.

LOL LOL LOL !!!

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 8:55 pm
I'm hoping for a neis Chanukah tomorrow at a doctor's appointment. I found out at my last prenatal ultrasound that my cervix was measuring shorter than they'd like. So they want me to come back and recheck tomorrow morning. I am hoping for a miracle that it's all been resolved!!

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:04 pm
I posted last year. I'll go update my thread from last year!
this happened the same day as R' Rubashkin was freed.

Nes chanuka that happened a few minutes ago- I had a full big black n white cookies & within a few minutes it was gone LOL

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:38 pm
This neis happened on Chanukah when I was 19. I finally took my road test, after pushing off doing so for years cuz I was nervous I’d fail. I was very anxious in that stage of my life.

Two minutes into my test, the instructor told me that if I kept driving the same way I’d driven so far, he’d have to fail me. I had thought up until that moment that I was doing well, so his comment really surprised and horrified me. We reached a stop sign and I stopped. A car was coming, and had the right of way, but I was so nervous that I turned right after stopping, cutting that car off and nearly crashing into it. My instructor was like “that was REALLY bad!!”

I was near tears as we drove back to the testing spot. I was sure that he’d fail me.

Miraculously, he didn’t! He told me that he could tell I have the necessary skills, and that I was just too nervous to display them. I nearly hugged him, lol!

My driving teacher, who had driven me to the test, told me that the specific instructor I had fails a lot of her students for making mistakes a lot less significant than cutting a car off at a stop sign. She couldn’t believe that I passed!

I felt so discombobulated for afterwards, because I felt like I didn’t deserve to pass. I haven’t gotten into an accident or gotten a single ticket since getting my license, so I guess I really did know enough to get my license. Smile

It was a Chanukah miracle- if I’d failed that test, it would probably have taken me quite a while to get over my fear of failing again. I don’t know if I’d have my license today!

A more current Chanukah miracle- I got a 14% raise today! The company I work for is known to be stingy about giving raises, and I only started working for them several months ago. My manager told me that they have a hard time retaining employees because of their refusal to give significant raises, so I’m their guinea pig to see if paying employees better really makes them stay with the company.

I feel so grateful and undeserving. Hashem loves me so much! Baruch HaShem.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:24 pm
I just posted in the Augest 2019 thread.... That is my nes!!! I have health issues, was medically required to be in b.c., was expecting to have to have intervention to conceive as many with my health condition require assistance. My issues developed after my precious children were born so I had no idea of what to expect of my body. BH we are here at this point, only 3 cycles off of b.c. and no RE needed!!!! Only an end got other medical issues but not fertility related!! Chasdei Hashem.... It is a miracle
I just found out a few hours ago
Still in shock

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
I'm hoping for a neis Chanukah tomorrow at a doctor's appointment. I found out at my last prenatal ultrasound that my cervix was measuring shorter than they'd like. So they want me to come back and recheck tomorrow morning. I am hoping for a miracle that it's all been resolved!!

Davening for u. Going for a routine pregnnacy exam tomorrow but so so nervous (still early on, first pregnancy after treatment and just scared all the time).

Iyh good news by everyone!

Just updating that Bh all looks good by me too! So grateful and humbled by this I can’t believe it!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:53 pm
after a number of years of infertility im actually pregnant. And im further along than I've ever been. BH. For me its a nes everyday but as its chanuka lets call it a nes chanuka...im so grateful.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 4:46 am
My tax refund from '15 finally arrived!!!
It was going back and forth, phone calls from me, my bookkeeper, another bookkeeper, and finally after 26 months, it arrived. Can't believe it!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 5:29 am
My husband started a new job! After a year + of looking!

overworked

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 6:03 am
My daughter bh survived a 30 ft fall from a porch about 6 weeks ago she fell on to air conditioner that she cut her eye got stitches and chasidi Hashem she didn’t break anything she landed on a horse that kids jump on so that broke her fall . it give me a chance to thank Hashem publicly for the biggest nes he did for us

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 6:33 am
Chasdei Hashem! We got a stc scholarship (full tuition) for one of my kids school. We've been struggling a lot financially and haven't made even one payment this year and we're behind on payments from last year. I thought they weren't giving any more of the stc scholarships, that they ran out of funding awhile ago. I am so thankful to Hashem for this!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 7:09 am
Found out that a friend of mine is expecting, after four years and a diagnosis that has a very low chance of IVF working. It absolutely made my day, and even though she looks to be about halfway through the pregnancy, I'm calling this a Chanukah miracle.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 7:11 am
I finally got my get a couple years ago right around Chanukah time! Anyone who knew me said I was never going to get it bec my ex was nuts. I still thank Hashem daily for my freedom and being able to live in peace! My personal nes!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 7:19 am
My cousin gave birth to a baby boy yesterday after 10 years!
Word in the family is that they started learning the Zera shimpshon and then they got pregnant! Maybe this shud be a whole other thread!!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 8:12 am
I am bH 8 weeks pregnant and feeling very very sick. When I pulled myself out of bed this morning and attempted to get dressed I was thinking, "Hashem how in the world will I get through today, I could barely put on my shell." BH a couple of hours later, I am dressed, davened, at work, though still feeling nauseas. My toddler is dressed, had breakfast, has a clean diaper and is at his morah. Hodu LaHashem.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 8:28 am
amother wrote:

Just came to update that Bh my neis happened!!! The tech said that the previous one must have measured the wrong angle because now it was totally normal looking! And they don’t ever grow bigger only smaller. I can’t believe it! I’m in a state of happy shock!

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 8:47 am
I also got my get on channuka! It was a huge nes!! Anyone who knew my ex and our story thought it would be a dragged out affair for many many years. Bh with the koach of nes Chanukah I got my get.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 8:50 am
Two years ago I had a baby and could not get him to nurse. I was pumping and trying and pumping and trying. After about six weeks of this, I was very sadly ready to throw in the towel and just do formula. I’d only been pumping lately so I figured I’ll try one last time- and on that day- one of the days of Chanukah-my baby just started to nurse for the first time!!! And kept it up for the next year!!

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
Just came to update that Bh my neis happened!!! The tech said that the previous one must have measured the wrong angle because now it was totally normal looking! And they don’t ever grow bigger only smaller. I can’t believe it! I’m in a state of happy shock!

Bshaah tova! That is such wonderful happy news!

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 9:00 am
this is something really silly but...
someone gave me hand me downs for my dd that my dd loved.. she outgrew a lot of them and the person said that she has another "batch" but she has to put it together. That was over two months ago... I actually kind of gave up and started buying dd some clothing but not yet a ton and then yesterday the person said she put together some clothing and she'll give I to me today Smile I can b"H afford to buy my daughter clothing but she really loves getting this other girl who she's friends with hand me downs Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics