Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Let's Write the Next Great Frum Novel
  Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next

mommy2379

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:49 pm
Enter modern day brooding teenage character that has no connection to the storyline in any way shape or form.
Joey takes out his iphone from his pocket, in preparation to snap the picture he's waiting to capture. Passerby hurry down the darkening path, but joey just stands there. waiting. waiting...

mommy2379

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:51 pm
Snap back to Rivka and YYB-
"YYB. You're scaring me. Why does the FBI keep calling? What is going on? You have to tell me!" She straightens her sheital that had been knocked askew from all the hysteria.

watergirl

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:52 pm
mommy2379 wrote:
Enter modern day brooding teenage character that has no connection to the storyline in any way shape or form.
Joey takes out his iphone from his pocket, in preparation to snap the picture he's waiting to capture. Passerby hurry down the darkening path, but joey just stands there. waiting. waiting...

Wearing a hoodie, hood up, jeans-pants with frayed cuffs covering his Doc Martin combat boots. His ever present Apple Airpods in his ears blasting angry rock music. Where did he get the money for his Apple device?

mandr

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:53 pm

While I can't write, I do know how to use PS a bit.

happymom123

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:55 pm
Watergirl, this is GOLD! Thank you! Can't wait to see where this goes.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:55 pm
mommy2379 wrote:
Flashback to the Jewish Portugal 1430. Rivka's great great great great grandmother's sister's husbands maid is walking quickly through the street...a secret buried deep inside the innocent looking bundle she clutches to her chest.

She hurries along and prays that noone discover what she's holding in the bundle.

The baby lets out a cry.

"Shhhh... we are almost there," she whispers to the bundle. But before she knows she's bumped into a wall. She quickly checks the bundle to make sure her master's sister's child is fine. To her dismay, she discovers a little bleeding on her nose. She quickly wipes it, but her nose remains in odd shape.

2000, Columbia Hospital at Rivka's mom's deathbed
"And that Rivka was the story of our great grandmother's hook nose."

mommy2379

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:58 pm
InnerMe wrote:

lolll

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:02 pm
Back to Rivka and YYB.

"I know life isn't easy. I know it's not a bed of roses. I know all that, I know. But why does everything have to be so complicated? How much can one person bear?" Rivka's head hung in her hands as thoughts swirled through her mind. "The FBI, missing minyan, that cell phone I found under the lawn chair, the late night meetings, the tension, where's this all going?" It took all her strength not to burst into tears.

The coffee was made, 1 sugar, 1 pump hazelnut, YYB liked it just so. Rivka cracked her knuckles against the clean marble counter, her nervousness was palpable.

"Ok, tell me everything." Rivka's voice held an edge of determination as she set the coffee in front of a pensive YYB.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:02 pm
mommy2379 wrote:
Snap back to Rivka and YYB-
"YYB. You're scaring me. Why does the FBI keep calling? What is going on? You have to tell me!" She straightens her sheital that had been knocked askew from all the hysteria.

[OMG you are hysterical!!!!]

But YYB has already left the house. And Rivka's is left with the phone dangling in her hand.

Suddenly she remembers her great grandmothers story. She's emboldened to do this.
She stares at the picture of her great grandmother's hook nose, and allows it's message of strength and perseverance to fill up the hand that's clutching the phone.

Using that sudden burst of energy she presses "talk."

watergirl

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:04 pm
happymom123 wrote:
Watergirl, this is GOLD! Thank you! Can't wait to see where this goes.

Smile

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:08 pm
Continuing from innerme

The conversation went well. Much better than she had expected for sure. She hung up the phone and took out her notepad.
"Thursday, 11:15 pm at 165 Van Hopkins Street." With the note neatly folded in her wallet, Rivka felt a wave of calm wash over her. She knew all would be well. A quick glance at the clock told her the kids would be home any minute. Yankie, Elka, Shaina Bracha and Moishe come home tired and hungry so she had better get moving on snack and dinner.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:32 pm
InnerMe wrote:

Rolling Laughter

syrima

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:34 pm
Yerachmiel Yosef Baruch slammed the door to his leased Lexus XLMMV, managing to close it on his tallis bag. With a muttered non-swear word, he yanked it out. 'Rivka is right, I am a klutz and a loser," he muttered. But he resolved that be that as it may, it was time for him to put an end to her constant verbal abuse and nagging. After all, he didn't marry his mother! Although, he mused, there was a certain resemblance. Not just the obligatory Jewish nose. Maybe it was the narrow eyes?
He pulled himself out of his turbulent thoughts and made his way to the very last Shacharis in town, courtesy of Anshei Ohavei Sheinah. As he entered the lobby, he was accosted by a short, bald, and nervous-looking man who grabbed his arm possessively.
"YY!" he exclaimed. "I figured I might find you here. I've been texting you all morning but you've been ignoring me! I would call the home phone but y'know, I wouldn't want to make a problem with your shalom bayis..." Here YYB just smiled weakly. If only he knew...
"Anyways, here's the matzav. We were doing so well with the airline miles for chicken schmaltz scheme, really raking in the millions. But then I got a call from my Lakewood contact that the FBI is investigating us! And you'll never believe but I consulted with a lawyer and takeh the whole thing we've been doing is illegal. I mean, who knew? What could be illegal about chicken schmaltz? My own Bubbe, aleha hasholom, always would use chicken schmaltz, and she was the the finest woman..." his voice wobbled a bit as though he would cry.
To avoid the scene they were making in the shul lobby, YYB extricated himself from the man's tenacious grasp, muttered "talk to you later, it will all be fine IY"H", and escaped into the sanctuary. As he opened his trusty, well-worn siddur and flipped past the pesukei dezimra he had missed, he reflected that only Hakodosh Baruch Hu himself could help him now....

DUM DUM DUM....

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:45 pm
Nobody mentioned in laws yet! Bounce

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:47 pm
I love it, a few chapters in and still nothing has happened! This must be a serial!

InnerMe

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:51 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I love it, a few chapters in and still nothing has happened! This must be a serial!
LOL Aint that what it's all about?
Should we rush the divorce?

InnerMe

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:57 pm
syrima wrote:
Yerachmiel Yosef Baruch slammed the door to his leased Lexus XLMMV, managing to close it on his tallis bag. With a muttered non-swear word, he yanked it out. 'Rivka is right, I am a klutz and a loser," he muttered. But he resolved that be that as it may, it was time for him to put an end to her constant verbal abuse and nagging. After all, he didn't marry his mother! Although, he mused, there was a certain resemblance. Not just the obligatory Jewish nose. Maybe it was the narrow eyes?
He pulled himself out of his turbulent thoughts and made his way to the very last Shacharis in town, courtesy of Anshei Ohavei Sheinah. As he entered the lobby, he was accosted by a short, bald, and nervous-looking man who grabbed his arm possessively.
"YY!" he exclaimed. "I figured I might find you here. I've been texting you all morning but you've been ignoring me! I would call the home phone but y'know, I wouldn't want to make a problem with your shalom bayis..." Here YYB just smiled weakly. If only he knew...
"Anyways, here's the matzav. We were doing so well with the airline miles for chicken schmaltz scheme, really raking in the millions. But then I got a call from my Lakewood contact that the FBI is investigating us! And you'll never believe but I consulted with a lawyer and takeh the whole thing we've been doing is illegal. I mean, who knew? What could be illegal about chicken schmaltz? My own Bubbe, aleha hasholom, always would use chicken schmaltz, and she was the the finest woman..." his voice wobbled a bit as though he would cry.
To avoid the scene they were making in the shul lobby, YYB extricated himself from the man's tenacious grasp, muttered "talk to you later, it will all be fine IY"H", and escaped into the sanctuary. As he opened his trusty, well-worn siddur and flipped past the pesukei dezimra he had missed, he reflected that only Hakodosh Baruch Hu himself could help him now....

DUM DUM DUM....

You forgot that he soaked his siddur with tears.
He begs Hashem to make the Conversation go well. To put the right words in his mouth.
He really does like Rivka. It's just she can be so... annoying. But is that reason for divorce?
Perhaps he should ask his rav what the halacha is? Oy, but he's so embarrassed. What will the Rav think? That he's a lazy good for nothing living in a disposable generation?

No. He cannot do that.
So what can he do? He feels so stuck.
In middle of nowhere an idea hits like a load of bricks cracking his skull and landing in his brain. He'll ask his mother!!

Who if not another women would be able to advise him better...

InnerMe

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:58 pm
fsr wrote:
Nobody mentioned in laws yet! Bounce

Check out the latest installment! Can't Believe It

syrima

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 4:13 pm
Thanks, I also forgot to add that the ever-so-wise Rav peers over his bifocals sagely at YYB, a gentle smile playing over his features. He knows that YYB will come and confide in him when he's good and ready. When the schmaltz hits the fan. LOL

gingertop

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 4:42 pm
InnerMe wrote:

OMG!! I did not see that coming!
Page 2 of 13   Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club