Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Buying refurbished phone

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:11 am
Hi maybe there is someone on here who an advise me.
I am looking to buy a new samsung (specifically samsung). I missed the black friday deals. Should I just take the cheapest refurbished one on Amazon? Can anyone give me a little direction? I believe I am looking for S7 or S8. The goal is functionality and cheapest cost, why waste money.
TIA

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:16 am
Any time I bought a refurbished phone it didn't last me more than a year... something to keep in mind even though it's cheaper now might not be cheaper in the long run.

gande

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:55 am
I buy refurbished from Ebay all the time. Sometimes you can get a warranty on them. The samsungs are good phones so they should not break. I paid under $250 for an s7plus a couple of months ago and I love it.

doctorima

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:07 am
Also check Swappa and Ebay to compare phone prices. One thing to keep in mind when buying a refurbished/used phone without a replaceable battery is that you have no idea how many times the battery has been charged, and how much life it has left. If it doesn't hold a charge for long, you'll need to carry a power bank to constantly recharge it.

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:45 am
What do you consider inexpensive? I went to Amazon and looked up Samsung cell phones and saw two new ones under 200 dollars in the first page.

Just bc black Friday/cyber Monday is over doesn't mean there aren't still amazing deals out there...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics