Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Free Chanukah gifts??
Previous  1  2  3

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:34 pm
Maybe we should plan how to organize this, since there was more than one amother in need, and a lot of offers. Can we somehow set up matches between offers and kids to maximize this moment in a way that helps everyone?

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:37 pm
seeker wrote:
Maybe we should plan how to organize this, since there was more than one amother in need, and a lot of offers. Can we somehow set up matches between offers and kids to maximize this moment in a way that helps everyone?

That makes sense. There are a number of imamothers willing to sponsor some toys, we should maximize that to help as many families as we can. Any ideas how?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:41 pm
seeker wrote:

I am the second amother. I don't want OP to feel I am taking what others could be giving to her kids. One incredible person here has already reached out to me, so my kids will be getting at least one special present (thank you!). Please give OP first and make sure she has what she needs to make her kids feel special.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:55 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Will do that! What genders are your kids and what do they like?

Ages 3 & 6
Both girls.
Anything will make them feel special even if it’s small!
Dolls/doll clothes/ games/puzzles

Thank you!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:
I am the second amother. I don't want OP to feel I am taking what others could be giving to her kids. One incredible person here has already reached out to me, so my kids will be getting at least one special present (thank you!). Please give OP first and make sure she has what she needs to make her kids feel special.

Please don’t think like that for even one minute! I’m truly happy to share this with you and anyone else in need. Even if I get one thing for each of them is huge! We have generous and heartwarming special women here that so selflessly give from themselves that for this alone moshiach can come already!

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:51 pm
I just ordered 6 games for under $40 from Wal-Mart. If anyone wants to send me a list of some games they want for their kids, for about that amount of money (so I don't pay shipping), I would gladly place an order for another imamother to have new toys for her kids

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:28 pm
Wow, ladies! Mi keamcha yisrael!!!

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
This post made me cry. We are in a similar situation as DH recently lost his job and we can't even pay bills right now. I know my kids will miss out this Chanukah but I don't know where to turn.

I hope you get stuff for your children. Your brave for reaching out. Happy Chanukah.

I can get your kids gifts. Tell me what they want. I’ll mail it.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 12:45 pm
IF YOU ARE IN FRANCE CONTACT ME

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 1:55 pm
Thank you to ALL the amazing imamothers who took the time and effort to send my kids Chanukah gifts. I can’t wait to give it to them tonight. This will light up their chag! I hope I can repay you all someday. Chag sameach!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 5:04 pm
So beautiful! A freilichen chanukah!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:38 pm
I need to say a very special Thank You to ima “Juniperseed” your gift was so unexpected yet so exciting to get!!! I haven’t received gifts or shopped for myself in a very long time so this made me feel so good! Thank you thank you! Hug

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 12:23 am
I am blown away by the outpour of chesed in this chat.
Unfortunately We are in the same position where we couldn't afford to buy anything for my kids for chanukah. I feel very bad for my precious unfortunate children, I feel so sad about it...
I went beyond my dignity and tried reaching out to organizations for financial help, unfortunately they claim they're budget is tight... I kept thinking, where's all the chesed today...

boat

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 12:58 am
amother wrote:
I am blown away by the outpour of chesed in this chat.
Unfortunately We are in the same position where we couldn't afford to buy anything for my kids for chanukah. I feel very bad for my precious unfortunate children, I feel so sad about it...
I went beyond my dignity and tried reaching out to organizations for financial help, unfortunately they claim they're budget is tight... I kept thinking, where's all the chesed today...

Are you in Lakewood by any chance? Maybe I can help.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 8:39 am
I'm in upstate NY

dankbar

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 5:55 pm
What gender & ages are your kids? What type of gifts would they like?

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 12:49 am
I'm asking because I have extra gifts & someone who will be traveling to monsey, that I can send with
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics