Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Jerusalem and measles
Previous  1  2  3

etky

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 4:59 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Amen! My thoughts exactly. I'm also an Israeli mom, soon to have newborn twins bezrat Hashem. Life goes on, you can't live in a bubble. Just have some common sense and the rest is in G-d's hands.

WADR to the Israeli moms of young babies, there's a very big difference between living here and having to go about your daily life and taking an optional vacation to a place where there is an active outbreak of a disease that could be dangerous to your baby.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 5:09 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I'm sorry, that's crazy. The risk of infection is so low. I'm pretty sure the risk for any PPD with the mom who is stuck at home, or the child who is not exposed to the outside environment and has no chance to build up their immune system is far greater.

I am very much pro vaccination - through and through - but think of the actual facts. Statistically chances of infection are very very low. Even if a baby is infection, it is an unpleasant disease, it should have been eradicated, but even if the unlikely chance that your infant is infected, most chances are your child will come out unscathed as most babies did in the past before the vaccine.

I can't believe a serious medical practitioner would advise such extreme measures for such minuscule chance of danger.

Babies are often the ones who end up in the hospital. About 20% of measles patients end up in the hospital and I think that babies make up a substantial portion of the cases.

Our youngest grandson was born last Wednesday and we are avoiding crowds. The newborns here in Monsey are examined in a free standing trailer apart from the general clinic.

Besides measles, RSV is dangerous for babies and is prevalent this time of year. Babies don't benefit from crowds.

ggdm

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 4:52 am
Numbers from 28. November by city (in Hebrew):
https://www.health.gov.il/Subj.....;PN=3

ectomorph

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 4:57 am
There was a case in Chicago Friday 86 babies were exposed I personally and not traveling
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics