Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you know a chessed that can be done online

Rugelech

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 6:02 am
I have a very active, creative mind. Currently I have spare time and I would like to do something to help the community. I have the energy,time,strength and commitment to start something new maybe a chessed project.
Visiting people, cooking meals or helping with newborns is not what I am looking for. If anyone has any suggestions specially if it is a chessed that I could do online ( I enjoy computer work) I would love to know.
Many thanks in advance.
Good Shabbos,good Chodesh and Happy Chanukah

advocate

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 8:55 am
Adding or correcting closed captions for Torah videos! Can be done on your schedule, and to can work on it in little bits of time. If that sounds interesting, let me know and I will tell you how to do it! Good Shabbos!

yersp

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 9:26 am
I apologize for hijacking your thread, it's the title of the post and the people commenting on other posts. If anyone wants to do a chessed online, they can try to be nicer to the posters. Here at imamother as in real life, everyone has an opinion. However, some posters think that because they can hide behind a screen name they can let loose and make nasty comments and replies. It is exactly one of the reasons why I have stayed away for a long while and only recently decided to come back to see if anything has changed. I'm sad to see that the same things are still happening. The same few posters who keep replying with mean comments.
So if anyone wants to do a chessed online, this is it: if you won't say it to a person IRL, don't say it here.

Surrendered

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:30 am
Wow, Tizki Lmitzvos! Hakol Hakovod, What a zchus for you to strive to help out our Dear sisters!

I am actually helping out families in my community who I know or see are struggling financially. There are many organizations and wealthy people that are willing to help out, if we only reach out to them.
If I provide you with lists of contacts or numbers of organizations, would you help out by making phone calls or mailing out letters for financial requests?
That is such a huge chested! When people who are seriously struggling before a wedding (even making the lowest standard wedding), or just people who can't make ends meet.
Please PM me if you are able to do this tremendous chesed.

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:34 am
You could offer to file applications for section 8 lotteries. Often they are done by computer. You could help ladies who need to do things online like order things or deal with insurance matters but don't have access to computers.

shoshiesavannah

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 2:01 pm
You can become a crisis counselor for issues like rape, domestic violence, or suicide.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:37 am
Shidduchim! I did so many of them in my times
Talking to people
Setting right fake news
Free lessons of anything
Helping people looking for something

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:28 am
There are shidduch websites like
Saw you at Sinai
Shidduch chats
And also what about those partners in torah things
They sign you up with someone who isn’t frum and you learn or read something together on phone

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:35 am
Fundraising collecting the money & distributing to right parties
Coordinating chesed doers with people in need, like being the shadchan bw both parties.
Ex.Who needs a meal/ who can cook a meal.
Who needs a ride to hosp...who can drive..
I'm thinking of more chesed services but afraid people won't trust random people online so maybe you need to do research before you recruit chesed doers. Tehillim needed/ who can say this tehillim...thats ok. Others like chesed girls hepling in soneone elses home or tutors is more risky.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 11:26 pm
Rugelech wrote:
I have a very active, creative mind. Currently I have spare time and I would like to do something to help the community. I have the energy,time,strength and commitment to start something new maybe a chessed project.
Visiting people, cooking meals or helping with newborns is not what I am looking for. If anyone has any suggestions specially if it is a chessed that I could do online ( I enjoy computer work) I would love to know.
Many thanks in advance.
Good Shabbos,good Chodesh and Happy Chanukah

Do my baby's photo album for me Smile
A huge chesed! for real!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics