Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah presents

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 1:56 pm
I have children of various ages from 10-6 months. I need ideas for presents for them. What are some of the presents your kids have received and were they a hit or not. Thanks.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 2:05 pm
My kids mostly get a lot of LEGO which they love. I got my little one a train track table which I would say is great up to Age 6. And my 9 year old son also got the zoomer puppy which is adorable and we are really all enjoying!!

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 2:08 pm
My kids got magnatiles this year and all of them from 2-8 are really really enjoying it.

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 2:12 pm
My 8 year old also got a magic set and knex and its a nice change from legos.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 2:17 pm
My daughter loves her Razor heelies. My son got police playmobile and is playing with it ever since.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:46 am
Thank you for all your replies. We have Playmobil, knex, Lego, magnatiles, magformers, playstix, tegu, leappad, VTech smart watches, 18" dolls and clothing not to mention all the standard board games. That is why I am looking for new toys and ideas the kids will actually enjoy and use. My ten yr old got a 3d pen but once the ink is used up it will require we purchase more refills. Any other ideas of gifts?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:57 am
One Chanukah present I remember my girls really enjoying was their dollhouse (it was a Fisher price, but there are other options out there.) Worked because we are a really "girly" house. Over the years, I expanded their collection of furniture at various gifting times (birthdays, Pesach, etc...), so there was plenty of imaginative play options to keep them and their friends busy for hours....

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for all your replies. We have Playmobil, knex, Lego, magnatiles, magformers, playstix, tegu, leappad, VTech smart watches, 18" dolls and clothing not to mention all the standard board games. That is why I am looking for new toys and ideas the kids will actually enjoy and use. My ten yr old got a 3d pen but once the ink is used up it will require we purchase more refills. Any other ideas of gifts?

This is only a $1 or $2 but my DS age 12 said that "kugalach" are all the rage at school right now and he asked me for that. Not sure if your kid is into that kind of thing. It's more of a "prize" type of toy as opposed to an expensive gift item.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 12:00 pm
A few years back we did a family gift and bought a game table. My kids love it , there is pool, air hockey and ping pong. It's expensive though.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 12:05 pm
Older dc asked for an MP3 player and younger for a cordless karaoke microphone.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 5:08 pm
Just some ideas of things you did not mention, don't know the ages or genders of your kids, or your budget or space - clics, dollhouse, kitchen set, camera, trampoline, tool set, card games, my kids always love more board games, doll carriage, mitzva kinder, books, new cd or dvd, special pillow or chair, scooter, bike, art set

nchr

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 6:16 pm
Our kids love Keva blocks, which you did not mention. We also like board games. My younger brother has a 3d pen and my sister plays with a Nintendo all the time (my parents dont have a TV but it can be handheld as well).

nchr

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 6:18 pm
Double post.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 8:11 pm
Blick board game (it's a frum version of stare) is a fun one here, air hockey table, keyboard, snap circuits

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 5:32 am
Remote control car? My kids love dressups.

sub

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 7:36 am
Do they enjoy science or crafts?
Chemistry set, hook rug, plaster models, painting sets, calligraphy set, books, telescope, model ship or car to build, subscription to kiwi box

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 7:44 am
I got my kids an easel with chalk, makers, paper etc. and a fish tank. Also a box of playstix.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics