Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pandas

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:05 pm
My 3 yr ds had a strept throat in July, I gave him meds for 10 days. 2 weeks fast forward he started stuttering, a neighbor of mine tells me its a sign of strept, took a test and its positive.. His symptoms disappeared... Finished his 10 day regimen and symptons are back... Decided to take blood work after about 4 weeks .. Pediatrician says its pandas.. He was on meds for 28 days...took blood work after a week and got my results today after a week of waiting for it.. She says #s are much better but not down to norm yet and his stuttering became a lot worse since he stopped the meds and hes out of control..literally.. He does whatever he wants and I have almost no control over him. .doc recommending 28 day regimen again... Is it normal? She says pandas doesnt have a set cure.. Its an art not a science.

He started zithromax again today. Will it ever end?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:15 pm
Yes, kids with pandas can be on antibiotics for months or even years. The fact that it was caught so early and treated right away is a plus on your side, because the longer it goes untreated the harder it becomes to heal. Anyways, pandas is a deep, dark rabbit hole, so while the antibiotics work their magic, start researching.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, kids with pandas can be on antibiotics for months or even years. The fact that it was caught so early and treated right away is a plus on your side, because the longer it goes untreated the harder it becomes to heal. Anyways, pandas is a deep, dark rabbit hole, so while the antibiotics work their magic, start researching.

What exactly should I be researching?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:31 pm
amother wrote:
What exactly should I be researching?
What causes pandas and how to truly heal it.

tkren

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:39 pm
PANDAS is not a quick fix and no 2 kids are treated the same, each case needs to be treated separatly... you should find a dr that is knowledable in treating it. dr. Shulman in boro park specializes in treating pandas. Many kids needs antibiotics for more then 28 days my sibling needed IVIG to help get rid of it antibiotics wasnt enough.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:48 pm
tkren wrote:
PANDAS is not a quick fix and no 2 kids are treated the same, each case needs to be treated separatly... you should find a dr that is knowledable in treating it. dr. Shulman in boro park specializes in treating pandas. Many kids needs antibiotics for more then 28 days my sibling needed IVIG to help get rid of it antibiotics wasnt enough.

Is she really rid of all PANDAS symptoms from IVIG?

tkren

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
Is she really rid of all PANDAS symptoms from IVIG?

She had it 9 years ago and today you would never know it's totally gone bh. she had it very bad.... took a long time to figure out the right treatment needed for her
The earlier you start treating it the bigger chance you have of getting rid of it fully..
whenever a kid in her class would have strept and come untreated she had a flare up.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:24 pm
Try the Zithromax but she must take it religious every day.
Try it for a month and see how she’s doing.
Btdt my son did better with the medication bh.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:07 pm
tkren wrote:
She had it 9 years ago and today you would never know it's totally gone bh. she had it very bad.... took a long time to figure out the right treatment needed for her
The earlier you start treating it the bigger chance you have of getting rid of it fully..
whenever a kid in her class would have strept and come untreated she had a flare up.

And she had IVIG each time she had a flare up?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
Try the Zithromax but she must take it religious every day.
Try it for a month and see how she’s doing.
Btdt my son did better with the medication bh.

So last time I started his on zithromax and we didnt see any diff after a week, then it was switched to cfdinar... And I totally fgot about when I spoke to my doc today.. She gave me zithromax.. Cfdinar I did see a little of a change.. Do I give vitamins w it? Besides acidophilus...

tkren

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:17 pm
[quote="amother"]And she had IVIG each time she had a flare up?[/quote
No, IVIG was a one time treatment.. once she had that she was on antibiotics for a while shld prob say years..
Before IVIG the meds didnt help her.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:19 pm
[quote="tkren"]
amother wrote:
And she had IVIG each time she had a flare up?[/quote
No, IVIG was a one time treatment.. once she had that she was on antibiotics for a while shld prob say years..

What is IVIG?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:09 am
amother wrote:
So last time I started his on zithromax and we didnt see any diff after a week, then it was switched to cfdinar... And I totally fgot about when I spoke to my doc today.. She gave me zithromax.. Cfdinar I did see a little of a change.. Do I give vitamins w it? Besides acidophilus...

We only saw a difference with brand name Sandoz azithromycin.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:09 am
[quote="tkren"]
amother wrote:
And she had IVIG each time she had a flare up?[/quote

How did they manage to pay for IVIG? It's so expensive.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 1:18 am
amother wrote:

A week isn’t really enough. Wait it out about 3 weeks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics