Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning crew

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:44 am
My long time cleaning lady has really hard and can no longer do the job. My house has really become pretty neglected. For example, she swishes a mop around, but the spots where dirt is stuck on don't get washed away... She says she cleaned the walls recently, but they are just as dirty as before (little kids, sticky fingers...). My cabinets doors are all pretty crummy, even when she cleans them. I am not sure if maybe get vision is going and she no longer sees the dirt.

At this point, even if I hire a new cleaner, she won't even be able to do daily cleaning properly until all the grime has been scrubbed away. So really I would like to hire a cleaning crew to come in nd give my whole big house a deep scrubbing down. Does such a thing exist? I need like a post construction/pesach cleaning all in one.

I'm in Brooklyn, so if anyone has a recommendation for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:59 am
Yes but in Brooklyn these things are very expensive. PCC is the best for post construction cleaning and cost is about $750.
There's a crew my friend uses sometimes for about $400. You can pm me for the number.

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 12:46 pm
They're not so great for like a deep pesach cleaning they are rather trained for post construction. Rather take cleaning lady that is thorough & is familiar with cleaning houses.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 1:47 pm
dankbar wrote:
They're not so great for like a deep pesach cleaning they are rather trained for post construction. Rather take cleaning lady that is thorough & is familiar with cleaning houses.

That's what my husband says. Post construction cleaning crew won't be good for what I need. But one cleaning lady will take a good few days to get through my whole house deeply, during which time we live here and generate daily mess etc. I can't see it working well. Besides, where do I find such a good cleaning lady, without having to train her in? My experience is it take a couple of months to find a cleaning lady who is good and then more time to train them in. I am willing to do that for the long term, but I think before I even do that, I need a new cleaning lady to come in to a reasonably clean home that needs daily maintenance. I dont think a new cleaning lady will jump right in to the deep grunge. That will just scare her off.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 2:59 pm
I don’t live in Brooklyn but I have used a cleaning crew before similar to this one: https://www.mydiamondmaids.com/about-us/.

The rates are pretty reasonable and go according to how big your house is. $100 extra for a deep clean.

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 3:04 pm
There are cleaning services that do this kind of thing and you hire them with specific requests.

They aren't $750 but they aren't cheap. The ones I am familiar with have different levels of surface or in your case, you would probably want to hire them by the hour and specify exactly what you want them to do.

You are dealing with different issues with your current cleaning lady in terms of expectations - at least in my experience. It is unacceptable for a floor not to be cleaned thoroughly. However, stuff like cleaning cabinets or walls isn't necessarily done and may or may not be realistic depending on how big your house is and what other stuff she is doing.

What many people do is have the cleaning lady do one specified big job each time and tell her what it is - I.e. this week clean out the refrigerator or clean the floor moldings or wash down the walls in these rooms.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 5:06 pm
Amarante wrote:
There are cleaning services that do this kind of thing and you hire them with specific requests.

They aren't $750 but they aren't cheap. The ones I am familiar with have different levels of surface or in your case, you would probably want to hire them by the hour and specify exactly what you want them to do.

You are dealing with different issues with your current cleaning lady in terms of expectations - at least in my experience. It is unacceptable for a floor not to be cleaned thoroughly. However, stuff like cleaning cabinets or walls isn't necessarily done and may or may not be realistic depending on how big your house is and what other stuff she is doing.

What many people do is have the cleaning lady do one specified big job each time and tell her what it is - I.e. this week clean out the refrigerator or clean the floor moldings or wash down the walls in these rooms.
My house is big, but not a mansion. She works by me full time though, enough time to keep the daily stuff going and do one or two extras per week. Anyway, it's precisely when I ask her to do a specific job each week, when she has extra time, that it fails to get done even when she claims it was done. If I say this week let's get the cabinets exteriors done, she will do half a job and says it was done. Cabinet doors and knobs will stay filthy, while she spends most of the time wiping out inside the dishes cabinet and no time at all doing inside the pantry where the food is. So sticky messes stay and the dishes cabinets have been wiped. When I point out the missed pots that are still dirty, She gets sulky.
And corners just don't get cleaned, backsplash almost never wiped, windows NEVER washed... sometimes I wonder what exactly she does in the time she is by me. If I didn't work or have kids underfoot when I am home, I could do all of it plus more in less time. Such is the life of a working mom.
But I think I justifiably need a new cleaning woman. Thats a spearate story. First I want a good scrub down. Any recommendations in Brooklyn?

momsrus

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:
My house is big, but not a mansion. She works by me full time though, enough time to keep the daily stuff going and do one or two extras per week. Anyway, it's precisely when I ask her to do a specific job each week, when she has extra time, that it fails to get done even when she claims it was done. If I say this week let's get the cabinets exteriors done, she will do half a job and says it was done. Cabinet doors and knobs will stay filthy, while she spends most of the time wiping out inside the dishes cabinet and no time at all doing inside the pantry where the food is. So sticky messes stay and the dishes cabinets have been wiped. When I point out the missed pots that are still dirty, She gets sulky.
And corners just don't get cleaned, backsplash almost never wiped, windows NEVER washed... sometimes I wonder what exactly she does in the time she is by me. If I didn't work or have kids underfoot when I am home, I could do all of it plus more in less time. Such is the life of a working mom.
But I think I justifiably need a new cleaning woman. Thats a spearate story. First I want a good scrub down. Any recommendations in Brooklyn?

Maybe look into amazon cleaning.

Like this

https://www.amazon.com/Move-Ou.....rvice

mom_13

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Yes but in Brooklyn these things are very expensive. PCC is the best for post construction cleaning and cost is about $750.
There's a crew my friend uses sometimes for about $400. You can pm me for the number.

Can you please PM me? I'd like the number to this $400 crew. Thanks.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 11:36 pm
mom_13 wrote:
Can you please PM me? I'd like the number to this $400 crew. Thanks.

You can call an agency which has cleaning ladies and have 2 or 3 women come at the same time and each do different parts of the house. I’ve done that.

mom_13

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 12:37 am
Cheiny wrote:
You can call an agency which has cleaning ladies and have 2 or 3 women come at the same time and each do different parts of the house. I’ve done that.

Would you have a number to a good agency? TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry