Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
NAHB industry show in Vegas- anyone going??

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 11:15 pm
Any interior designers/ kitchen and bath designers/ workers in the building industry/ builders spouses etc. going to the national home builders show this year?
My company asked me to join and want to know what it's like to go as a frum woman.
Is there kosher food? Do you bring your husbands along? Are there lots of Jews? Minyan of I bring dh? Any info appreciated!

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:02 am
I'm not planning to attend this year, but went 2 years ago in Orlando. I am a residential and kitchen designer and brought DH with me. There were mincha minyanim in the hall. There are a lot of frum vendors and one of the kitchen places had kosher food available at the end of the day.

In Orlando we ate at a local kosher restaurant — luckily we got there fairly early because it got crowded FAST. We took out food and brought it with us to the convention center the next day. This is a REALLY LARGE EVENT.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:13 am
Vegas has a few kosher restaurants and fully functional Chabbad besides for what the show will prob have. I would include ur husband if possible.

We go for shows in a diff industry.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:31 pm
Thanks guys
I think were gonna go! Nice to hear there are minyanim and kosher food!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:56 pm
I'm going too. Does anyone know what we can do for entertainment while the husbands work? Except for gambling, obviously.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:
I'm going too. Does anyone know what we can do for entertainment while the husbands work? Except for gambling, obviously.

Join him at the show one day. Go to the hotel spa another day.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 9:03 pm
I’m the one going...bringing dh along.
He’s gonna join me at the show, there is so so much to see.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 9:04 pm
amother wrote:

Vegas has amazing shows:
O by Cirque De Soleil
Le Reve
Blue Man Group
You can also go mini golfing during the day.
There is a CSI museum, as well as other museums.
See the Hoover Dam.
I'll be working at the show, so enjoy yourself!

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:00 am
I was at Vegas this wk. No food to be found. take along food.. Guess depends on the season.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:44 pm
amother wrote:
I was at Vegas this wk. No food to be found. take along food.. Guess depends on the season.

There are definitely kosher restaurants there that are open year-round, so I'm not sure what you mean that there's no food to be found. OP, just do your homework in advance to find a few places near the Strip that have hours and menus that work for you, and if you're concerned, call in advance to confirm that they'll be open.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:

The kosher food courts are very hard to find if you don't get first hand knowledge from someone who's already been to eat there at that specific show. Those booths are not consistent.
But if you're willing to take a taxi, there are absolutely open restaurants all year round.
What usually happens is that you don't get to take a taxi for a sit down meal until late at night because you're so busy working the show. So you absolutely have to take walk around food with you.
But there is food available in Vegas.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:51 pm
Anyone there? Know where to get kosher food?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 11:20 pm
Heard the show that fabuwood is being at..is having kosher breakfast..and there are some kosher restaurants open now
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics