Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Weird names for items in your house
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 2:15 am
amother wrote:
Stella dora's are shtreimal cookies!

Only the ones with chocolate centers Very Happy

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 4:57 am
I pressed quote instead of edit just now and created a duplicate post. Oops

Last edited by seeker on Mon, Dec 10 2018, 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 4:58 am
Probably not so original, but my then-toddler dubbed the body part used to feed her baby sister "Mommy milks" and we still use that. To an embarrassing extent, like discussing puberty. She knows what they're called but between us it's Mommymilks.

Same kid around the same age had a set of alphabet magnets she loved. She especially loved the O's. She separated them from the other letters, carried them with her, you get the idea. Well one day they vanished. Very thoroughly and mysteriously. It's been years and they never turned up, but they weren't in the garbage or out the window that day and she was also with-it enough to know not to do that, we think. She mourned them for months. Anyway the bottom line is that now anything that thoroughly vanishes is said to be "with the O's."

We also use the word warm to refer to something getting less hot. For example "I'm going to play while I wait for my soup to get warmer" or "it's not warm enough" because it's too hot straight from the pot. It sounds funny to newbies but makes a lot of sense to us.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:21 am
amother wrote:
My DH grandmother made up a name for v@gin@. We call it a moontza. We also have a made up name for a p*nis. We call it a fogie.

Two thoughs. One is that both of these sound like the sort of thing a filthy comedian would make up so he could appear on TV or radio. The other is that a girl runs up to a stranger and says "a bad man grabbed my moontza" or a boy says "someone kicked me and my fogie" hurts (or the other way around), precious time could be lost. Like it's not even clear those are bidy oarts.
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics