Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Bklyn non-vax families what are u doing re: mmr and school
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:30 pm
they can lose brain function and have life long chronic illness from measles too. But whatever, your kids, your choice. As long as it doesn't affect me.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
These people are extremely well educated and made decisions based on what they felt was best for their children. Their children now have lifelong immunity and are no longer a threat to those around them. As far as I've heard, there were no serious permanent side effects.

this does not describe the anti-vaxers I know. Extremely under educated would be a better description.

They would've had lifelong immunity from a vaccine that's been around since the 1970s and rarely has any side effects. Instead they made their children suffer with a horribly painful disease.

I just can't understand it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:49 pm
Sebastian wrote:
this does not describe the anti-vaxers I know. Extremely under educated would be a better description.

They would've had lifelong immunity from a vaccine that's been around since the 1970s and rarely has any side effects. Instead they made their children suffer with a horribly painful disease.

mmr does not provide lifelong immunity. For example, this, published about 6 weeks ago. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volum.....bijgk
Nor does it provide adequate immunity to protect mother and fetus during pregnancy, and breastfed infants. The solution suggested is always more vaccines. another booster. when will the madness stop?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
mmr does not provide lifelong immunity. For example, this, published about 6 weeks ago. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volum.....bijgk
Nor does it provide adequate immunity to protect mother and fetus during pregnancy, and breastfed infants. The solution suggested is always more vaccines. another booster. when will the madness stop?

Uh I thought you kids weren't allowed to have the vaccine? Me thinks you are just another regular anti-vaxxer (or we can call it ex-vaxxer if that feels better).

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:56 pm
contracting measles doesn't always provide lifelong immunity just like the vaccine doesn't always provide lifelong immunity. The vaccine does provide immunity during pregnancy for 97% of those vaccinated.

The madness is allowing your child to suffer from a painful disease that can be prevented for 97% of the population with 2 doses of MMR. The vaccine has been around for decades and is not new and untested. There is no aluminum in it either.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:56 pm
afaik the "immunity" conferred by having the measles as opposed to being vaccinated for it is the same; both allow for a small percentage like 3% one can still get it upon exposure as opposed to like 90% for those with no immunity at all. Like people say you can't get chicken pox twice, yes you can.
I would think everyone would want to do whatever possible to stop the outbreak from becoming a full blown epidemic R"L. Especially those who have no immunity for whatever the reason!
I would hardly call it madness.
B"H we live in a day and age when such scourges as polio, measles, rubella, and more have been much eradicated.
I feel sorry for people who are totally vulnerable because they cannot vaccinate such as babies too young.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:
I hear non-vax kids are not allowed back in school until the breakout is over. I heard that in monsey when they said the same thing some parents united and fought that it was illegal to do that and it got overturned and only upheld in schools with a confirmed case. Is anyone doing this in brooklyn?

BH, In Lakewood the anti-vaxxers tried that. Rich Roberts, jumped in and warned them that any school that is sued will have his entire legal team behind them.. They backed down mighty fast..

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 2:26 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
BH, In Lakewood the anti-vaxxers tried that. Rich Roberts, jumped in and warned them that any school that is sued will have his entire legal team behind them.. They backed down mighty fast..

The laws are different in NY from NJ

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:10 am
I would think that private schools have the right to discriminate. If schools can exclude students because of home computers, mothers with long wigs, etc, then why wouldn't vaccine status be just another category of things to exclude? I'm not saying that they should exclude anyone. I am just saying that they have a legal right to limit enrollment to certain types of students.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:49 am
southernbubby wrote:
I would think that private schools have the right to discriminate. If schools can exclude students because of home computers, mothers with long wigs, etc, then why wouldn't vaccine status be just another category of things to exclude? I'm not saying that they should exclude anyone. I am just saying that they have a legal right to limit enrollment to certain types of students.

Great point!!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:28 am
amother wrote:
I hear non-vax kids are not allowed back in school until the breakout is over. I heard that in monsey when they said the same thing some parents united and fought that it was illegal to do that and it got overturned and only upheld in schools with a confirmed case. Is anyone doing this in brooklyn?

it seems that non vax people are going to cheder anyway in Williamsburg!!!!!!!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:29 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

I wish we had Rich Roberts in Williamsburg!

nchr

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:23 am
amother wrote:
At one point they were going keep out all unvaccinated children from school regardless if there was a confirmed case or not, and then that changed.

Spoke to my contact at RCDOH today and was told this is baseless and untrue. They never intended to do that; however, it is possible some individuals schools may have. There are actually a few Jewish schools in Monsey that have a 100% vaccination rate and will not accept unvaccinated children. They are very small though.

nchr

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
I wish we had Rich Roberts in Williamsburg!

Actually NYS has a stronger court precedent than in NJ. Example: in NYS if you do not vaccinate your children that is your choice; however, if your child exposes someone who develops complications and/or dies and you failed to cooperate with the health department and tell them where your child was prior to coming down with measles, you will be charged criminally in NYS and the State will win. This is again, only if you do not cooperate with the health department because cooperation would allow the DOH to advise those who were potentially exposed and provide them with immunity shots to prevent them from becoming sick in the first place. In addition, in NYS there is court precedent that if you ignore the DOH and take your children in public or send them to school, that you too will be charged criminally if your child infects another as stated above because you automatically were not cooperating with public health officials. In addition, anyone who gets sick (even without serious consequences) may sue you in civil court and NYS has precedent ruling in favor of those who were sickened by someone not following the law and not cooperating with health officials. Obviously, if your child accidentally sickens someone and you were cooperating that does not apply.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:06 pm
nchr wrote:
Spoke to my contact at RCDOH today and was told this is baseless and untrue. They never intended to do that; however, it is possible some individuals schools may have. There are actually a few Jewish schools in Monsey that have a 100% vaccination rate and will not accept unvaccinated children. They are very small though.

Wasnt there a letter to addressed by DOH specifically to principals in NYC ?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:07 pm
NYC is not Rockland county

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:08 pm
And let me tell you, if the outbreak would have been Rubella , which has the same prevention - the MMR shot, there would have been a lot of cripled newborns LO ALEINU in these areas for life. Can you please have piety on the community and give shots according to the right schedule?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:11 pm
Sebastian wrote:

And many liers too.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:29 pm
As to the education level of anti-vaxers, about 5 years ago in an Ohio Amish community, there was a massive outbreak that led to health departments coming with enough vaccine for 10,000 people. Book learning isn't important to the Amish so if groups without secular education are what comes to mind, there's another side to that issue because anti-vaxers come in all types and stripes.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:34 pm
nchr wrote:
Just to clarify, Rockland county never tried to enforce what is being enforced in Brooklyn (and Lakewood I believe) Monsey had 21 days if there was a child who had measles in a particular school (so kids could return after 21 days) and then all schools with less than an 80% vaccination rate for an indefinite amount of time. It is still in full force and no attorney had that overturned not to mention that a private school is allowed to deny entrance as they please. You can either home school your children until the outbreak or rule is over or vaccinate them.

Not true. My kids were forced to get the vaccine and there were no cases in any of their schools.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics