Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Am I wrong?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 9:10 am
I have a neighbor who's extremely nosy. She's figured out when I have my period she goes to the mikvah and vice versa. Anyway, I'm pregnant and she doesnt know it!!! anyway, thats not the point of this topic. I send my son to the same playgroup that her son goes to. Here's my dilemma:
She calls me every morning (probably to see when I'm going so she can walk together or send her son with me) I don't even bother answering the phone. She has asked me once so far if I could pick her son up too. I did it once and now I have to come up with excuses why I can't pick him up anymore. She's the type that if you give an inch, she'll take a mile. I picked him up once and now she'll ask me constantly to pick him up for her. I don't want to pick him up for her. I don't want her to use me. Actually, I've had enough of her probing questions and nosyness, I don't want to take her son and pick him up too.
Am I wrong?
I now wish I was rude to her when I met her so she'd leave me alone.

Bzgirl

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 9:28 am
I totally don't blame you...there's nothing like picking up your toddler from playgroup..(think hugs!) I would do the favor in case of a doctors appointment or something important; but just like that; I'm sorry-I'm totally with you on this.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 9:52 am
Thanks for the support!!! You see, I wouldnt even know if she had an emergency like a dr's appt or not because I don't usually pick up the phone when she calls and she doesnt always leave me a message. Too bad!! her son went to playgroup before my son started so she'll just have to do what she did until now.
On a side note:
I hate picking up the phone when she calls because it'll always end up being a conversation about periods, iud's and pregnancy and when she'll be pregnant and when I'll be pregnant and when I'll tell her and when she'll tell me and blah blah blah blah.
Maybe I should just change my number and not tell her..............Nah! too many people to let know about the number change. Oh well!

technic

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:00 am
Answer the phone.

Say " Hi (insert name). My period's due (no need 2 tell her it wont b 4 a coupla yrs iyh Wink ), I have no views on IUDs, and I have no pregnancy update 4 u either".

If shes called 2 b nosy - it should b a short convo after that!!! Tongue Out

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:09 am
youre cute technic!!
in fact, she has one time told me that she doesnt keep count of when I get my period. I once mentioned that when a person ovulates you sometimes feel it on one side. The next day she tells me that she asked her dr. if it's true and he said it was. Sooooooooooo she called me to ask if I ovulated yet, if I feel pain on the side yet.. ( her point was to find out if I did ovulate, it must mean that I might get pregnant). I told her I'm not telling her so she said "oh! I'm not keeping count"
Last week I told her that I thought she's not keeping count, she had no idea what I'm talking about. (or made herself)
Anyway, now she called me back because exactly what I thought, her baby was still sleeping, she wanted I should take her son to playgroup.
She's blabbering away now, I think I'll hang up with her.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:29 am
I think that sounds AWFUL !

Squash

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:33 am
Sounds like she's not so 'okay'.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:53 am
She needs more hobbies.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:53 am
OP here:

I know for a fact she's not "okay". It's a long story for another time, but suffice it to say her husband is 99% the problem of why she's not "okay".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics