Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for a Pesach program in France

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:56 pm
I will appreciate if anyone can post information or a link
TIA

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 6:23 am
I suggest you join Pessach groups, or French and Italian groups on FB

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 7:31 am
Ruchel wrote:
I suggest you join Pessach groups, or French and Italian groups on FB

What do you mean. I’m not even on Facebook

pesek zman

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:23 am
Can you elaborate as to what you’re looking for in a program

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:14 am
I am looking for something actually in France preferably Paris. A regular pesach program in a hotel.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:15 am
Not sure if there are any in the city center. Check Totallyjewishtravel.com

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:40 am
Paris isn't really where people go for vacay... maybe there is one like in Fontainebleau but many people go to Alps, or countryside. FB is a good place to find out if you're not local.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:44 am
Ruchel wrote:
Paris isn't really where people go for vacay... maybe there is one like in Fontainebleau but many people go to Alps, or countryside. FB is a good place to find out if you're not local.

Ha! People definitely got to Paris for vacation. Maybe French people don’t, but it’s s pretty big tourist destination for Americans!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:53 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Not sure if there are any in the city center. Check Totallyjewishtravel.com

I checked totally Jewish travel. There are two programs one in Paris by club Turquoise at the les collectinneur and one in canes at the Carlton Intercontinental. These 2 programs are not listed on total Jewish travel website but they list total Jewish travel on their site. I tried to call or email but there is no response. I think they are not really in business even though the website said that they have a Passover program for 2019. Does anyone from France know anything about them. I need to be in France for pesach. TIA

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 12:56 pm
Btw is rabbi m Hadad chief rabbi of Brussels is a good hechsher in France?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 6:14 am
pesek zman wrote:
Ha! People definitely got to Paris for vacation. Maybe French people don’t, but it’s s pretty big tourist destination for Americans!

I'm talking for the situation here in OP's situation. I happen to be here. I know.

There are definitely more than 2 programs but most aren't translated.

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:48 am
pesek zman wrote:

I wouldn't go because there is a level 2 warning issued in January by the state department for terrorism. Now with the Paris riots, why would anyone choose that destination for a family vacation?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:53 am
Squishy wrote:
I wouldn't go because there is a level 2 warning issued in January by the state department for terrorism. Now with the Paris riots, why would anyone choose that destination for a family vacation?

I’m not running to Paris myself but France is the worlds most visited country so 82 million people must not be daunted

When I went to France for Pesach several years back it was to a town near Nice; it was a beautiful yom tov and would recommend the region to anyone

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:12 am
pesek zman wrote:
I’m not running to Paris myself but France is the worlds most visited country so 82 million people must not be daunted

When I went to France for Pesach several years back it was to a town near Nice; it was a beautiful yom tov and would recommend the region to anyone

I have been to France several times myself. Going to Paris while it is unstable with the long history and rising levels of antisemitism is not prudent at this time.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:12 am
Pessach is not now. If the riots arent over by then it will be a bigger problem than Pessach lol. But anyway, you don't have to participate. I do my normal stuff and don't meddle.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 11:16 am
Squishy wrote:

There is a level two warning for many places, including Spain, UK, Italy, Israel. The chances of anything happening is extremely slim.

ETA my family visits France pretty much annually and it feels just as safe as the US.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 12:09 pm
People here at least rarely have a gun. Just saying. Not that riots are good.
OH and not everything always is Jewish etc. The riots aren't about it, and the attacks either. You can feel free to look at (normal) news and determine if you want to go to Paris. I still live and my 11 daughter still goes out. If you see a riot, it is plenty different and you don't go. And obviously if there is a choice it's more nicer to go when it's calm. But again THIS IS PESSACH. Not now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics