Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Targeted Parenting Reviews

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 1:04 pm
If you've participated in Dr. Koslowitz's Targeting Parenting program please post your reviews. Did you find the course helpful? Is your family/child in a better place now that you've done it? Do you feel that the program gave you enough tools to carry out her recommendations? Is there adequate follow up?

I am seriously considering the program and want to hear more about it before I sign up.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 8:36 am
Anyone have info?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 3:03 pm
Has nobody done the course? Where can I get more info?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 5:23 pm
Call Dr. Koslowitz directly. I believe she doesnt advertise the class because it's only for very specific types of children and you have to be referred. My kid's school had her work with a group of parents with her class and I found it fantastic. But when I suggested it for my sister, she called Dr K and Dr K wouldn't take her because she said her child didn't fit the profile of kids she helps.

She's very good but it's very specific. I took the class about kids who get angry easily on my own and my kids school did the one about helping kids with bullying and social issues. I really learned a lot. It's different from other parenting classes because it's very much about very specific types of kids. It's for sure not for everyone but she'll tell u if it can help.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 5:26 pm
I took her course that was also case specific but I found many of her principles applied to my other kids.

I loved that the stuff she taught weren’t her opinions but based on real research.
I found her to be super thorough and v grounded.

I second calling her to see what is the best fit for your family. She is so honest

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:13 pm
amother wrote:
I took her course that was also case specific but I found many of her principles applied to my other kids.

I loved that the stuff she taught weren’t her opinions but based on real research.
I found her to be super thorough and v grounded.

I second calling her to see what is the best fit for your family. She is so honest

Happens to be that was what I liked about her also. She was very honest with me and didn't oversell. Meaning, she said "you can expect to learn this and this, but not this...." Also I tried to refer my niece to her with an eating disorder and she explained that she only works with things she specializes in. I liked that she was so specific about things and didn't promise me the moon sun and stars. What she did promise was exactly what she delivered, and I would recommend the class again.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 4:35 am
Thanks so much for responding! I'll try to contact her but if anyone else has worked with her I'd love to hear about it too.

lovemykid!

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:35 pm
I’m also looking into doing this parenting class, for the highly reactive child. I spoke to Dr. Koslowitz’s assistant tonight and was told that Dr Koslowitz doesn’t arrange groups but if we can get a group of 10 together she will do the class. It will be offered online only, via live video session. It is 12 sessions at $60 per class. I really think it will help with my son so I am trying to see if there is anyone else who is interested so we can start a course. I have a friend who wants to do it so we need 8 more. Amother brown and anyone else who is interested please PM. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics