Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Making time when you're not home enough?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 6:51 pm
I have a high power executive position in a business I own. It requires traveling, which mostly DH does, but also long hours with tedious tasks that no one else can do. I have a few employees and contract our some work, but ultimately, I do like to check everything and usually DH and I discuss things and nitpick over documentation before it is submitted. That being said, DH and I have a great relationship and spend a tremendous amount of time together. However, DH leaves the house at 5:15am everyday to daven, learn, relax, etc. and is at work by 8:00 and I leave at 730 to be in the office at 8:00 as well.

We have KAH 4 children ages 6 and younger, including a 3 month old. I wake up with DH and get myself ready. The kids wake up at 600 and we have a very chill morning. We play, joke, paint, etc. and the kids get dressed. We have a live in cleaning lady, but my nanny comes at 715, and take over from there, which means she prepares breakfast and lunch for DH and I and then feeds the kids and makes sure they get to preschool on time. DH leaves the office mincha time and I leave about 45 minutes after so lately I've been getting home around 6:30ish when I eat supper with the kids and then DH comes home at 7:00 and we put the kids to sleep together.

I usually go into my home office by 730 and DH goes back to the regular office and we work over the phone or by ourselves until around 1030/1100. Go to sleep at 11:30 and start the whole process over again. We are home Shabbos and have beautiful seudos. We work on Sunday and occasionally on Motsi Shabbos.

I feel so fulfilled with my work, but I feel like I'm not giving my kids enough time. They don't complain and they are not acting out but I'd like to know how many ppl relate and if so how do you incorporate family time into your life and what other challenges have you experienced as your kids age?

groisamomma

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 6:55 pm
Your kids sound fine! It's good that you're tuned in so if you notice they need more of you then you'll adjust accordingly. For now don't let guilt eat you up. A happy mother makes happy kids and if work makes you happy, and they're not losing out in any way, then why borrow worries?

Careers

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:33 pm
If its something specific that you want to do with your children then you can set aside a time to do that.

Is it the general feeling of enjoying your job yet at the same time also wishing to be home with your kids but really they are ok without you there?

I do think you should delegate some tasks even though you are the only one that can do it.
Executives that know how to delegate are the most successfull ones in the long run.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics