Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sudden fears

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:54 pm
My 7 year old very easygoing and happy daughter is having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep the past few days. She's also been waking up calling out for us in fear. She says she's scared of the fire alarm. What are we to do? How should I handle this? She has never had any fears till now and is my happiest and easiest child.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
My 7 year old very easygoing and happy daughter is having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep the past few days. She's also been waking up calling out for us in fear. She says she's scared of the fire alarm. What are we to do? How should I handle this? She has never had any fears till now and is my happiest and easiest child.
Swab her for strep

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:25 pm
A couple of weeks ago, DD age 3 was suddenly terrified of the stove, she wouldn’t even come into the kitchen when any food was cooking on it. Turns out her Morah did a great job emphasizing “fire safety” in advance of Chanukah.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:35 pm
Amother emerald, what does having strept have to do with night fears?
Tonight she refused to go to bed till everyone was home.
What is generally done to treat fear in kids?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 10:57 pm
MY daughter who had pandas due to strep changed from one day to the next. A happy go lucky child to a scared anxious child. Strep does a lot of crazy stuff, it’s worth ruling it out. It’s also important to try to see where the fear might have developed from. Maybe she heard a story or saw something that you’re not aware of. Always validate her feelings

amotherof3

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 12:12 am
Definitely check for strep. Had the same with my husband daughter and it only went away after we treated with antibiotics. Weirdest thing.

dankbar

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 2:17 am
Could be they had fire drill in school
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics