Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I'm Seas, ask me anything
  Previous  1  2  3  14  15  16

Sleepymama

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 3:35 am
I wouldn't be surprised if she left imamother. She was really attacked relentlessly here.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:02 am
dankbar wrote:
Seems like you all pushed seas off the edge. She's not posting, responding or engaging anymore. You people are having one sided conversations

I've noticed she sometimes vanishes for a while and then comes back. I decline to speculate on why, that's none of my business.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 6:41 am
hannabanana wrote:
Oh imasoftov!

I wasn’t talking about what you replied to me! Sorry if you miss understood. That’s not personal and I didn’t take it as such. I meant your replies on some other threads. I believe some bullying comment were removed.

I just wrote that in context to seas being attacked for just sticking up to the right values!

That’s all, good Night

OK, another tip for a new user - if you use the Quote feature it becomes clear which post your comment relates to. If you just use Quick Reply and type their name, it's much harder. From real life, we're used to conversations where one person says one thing at a time and it's understood that someone is replying to that, not something they said half an hour ago, but on internet forums where one person can make several posts before another replies to one (which?) of them it can get confusing

Now to your calling me "caustic" because I wrote "In that case I suppose I'll have to respond to more of her posts. What makes that difficult is that she often omits sources or even direct quotes in Hebrew.", I don't respond to seas caustically, I respond by looking at her own sources and pointing out nuance that she may have overlooked, or at other equally respectable ones that say something different and conclude by suggesting that anyone for who the question is practical ask their own rabbi, not non-rabbis seas or me or anyone else hwere (as far as I know). Since groismamma feels that seas "sets the record straight" I feel a responsibility to straighten it even further.

Have you seen one of my responses to seas or are you just imagining that I write something like "who cares about that useless mesorah nyah nyah nyah"? INo, if she quotes a Rambam I'll find that Rambam and I'll read it carefully. If she quotes a Gemara about halacha I'll check to see if the Shulchan Aruch follows that Gemara. We don't need a discussion site if we all agree.

The Gemara in Bava Metzia 84a tells how after Resh Lakish died (let's skip over the details for now), R Yochanan needed someone new to learn with. They sent R Elazar ben Pedat to learn with him, and every statement that R Yochanan said, R Elazar would find a baraita to support it. It doesn't say how long it took, but eventually R Yochanan said to R Elazar "He said, "Are you like Bar Lakisha (Resh Lakish)? "Bar Lakisha - when I would believe a thing would challenge me with 24 objections, and I would answer him with 24 answers, which led to a fuller understanding of the law." I don't know if I'm educating seas but I like to think someone, if only me, gains something from this.

I too am sticking up for right values. To say the halacha is indisputably X when there are a variety of opinions is not a right value. Or has HKBH's seal been changed from truth to something else since I last looked at Shabbat 55a?

hannabanana

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 8:15 am
As I said, not to seas and not on this thread.
But anyway, I’m not new, was on imamother I while back, and can’t use the qoute button cuz of my filter.
I do see it, y’know

hannabanana

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 8:16 am
And I didn’t ask for tips thank you 😊

hannabanana

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 8:18 am
I don’t think there are a variety of opinions, sorry.
In a world that values have been steadily declining that ppl are bending the rules to become more comfortable with what they are doing. But I’m not going into that discussion that’s just my opinion.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 9:47 am
hannabanana wrote:
In a world that values have been steadily declining that ppl are bending the rules to become more comfortable with what they are doing. But I’m not going into that discussion that’s just my opinion.

About anything or about particular issues?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 9:48 am
hannabanana wrote:
And I didn’t ask for tips thank you 😊

It's a free service and there's no option to disable it.

hannabanana

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 9:53 am
Gotta love you 😍

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 10:27 am
hannabanana wrote:

So you're, like, ignoring rabbinic opinions in favor of your own? Seas, when you get back, are you OK with this?

hannabanana

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 10:37 am
Actually no, I’m chasidish and very proudly so, it’s on imamother that the additude of I can do as I please is touted around. But I’ll leave it up to you turn my above post around to suit you.
And If you’d read my post you’d understand that I’m saying my opinion is that you have to follow mesorah like it’s been for thousands of years...how is that ignoring rabbinic opinions? My opinions are that you have to follow the Halacha. Maybe go back and actually read my posts? I’m on the same side as seas sorry!

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 11:09 am
hannabanana wrote:
Actually no, I’m chasidish and very proudly so, it’s on imamother that the additude of I can do as I please is touted around. But I’ll leave it up to you turn my above post around to suit you.
And If you’d read my post you’d understand that I’m saying my opinion is that you have to follow mesorah like it’s been for thousands of years...how is that ignoring rabbinic opinions? My opinions are that you have to follow the Halacha. Maybe go back and actually read my posts? I’m on the same side as seas sorry!

Oh, you noticed. Now had you said "my dayan feels this is the only way", I'd instead have said, and what about at the beginning of chassidut when parts of the mesorah were changed? Or are all the posts about differences between chassidim and litvish lies?

But I'm willing to consider the possibiity that it is really you who decided that your chassidut, and I'm not asking what it is, is totally faithful to the mesora. How did you come to that conclusion? Did you study sources over those thousands of years?

For that matter, do all chassidim today agree on everything except on which rebbe to look up to? So how would one chassid know she was entirely on the same side as another? Or is there perhaps a way you've figured out that you're part of the same chassidut?

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 11:18 am
karat wrote:
Amshinov and Ger don’t typically have anti-Zionist sentiments.
And gerre women don’t wear covered wigs.

Ger has other crazy meshigasen...
Page 16 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  14  15  16 Recent Topics