Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Melania Trump not tznius at chanukah party
Previous  1  2  3

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:22 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I had to go look up a picture of this dress. It is so TAME! Can't you people find something else to clutch your pearls about?

Yes lets go back to bashing FG and LF

Cheiny

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:59 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You wear off the shoulder dresses to shul?

I really don't care what Melania wears, except when its deliberately offensive (the "I really don't care do you" jacket or the pith helmet) or ridiculous (the monstrosity she wore to meet the Pope).

In this case, it was a very strange choice for winter and for the occasion. But I find many of her clothing choices to be strange and inappropriate for the occasion.

Its also amusing to hear the utter silence of the conservative media on Melania completely baring her shoulders, given their repeated attacks on Michelle Obama for wearing sleeveless dresses.

Looks like the ones who don’t like her dress coincidentally all hate her husband; that’s really all this is about.

ima_anon

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:04 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Looks like the ones who don’t like her dress coincidentally all hate her husband; that’s really all this is about.

I don’t like her husband and have no problem with her dress.

smile12345

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:07 pm
It's interesting - my original reaction to reading this thread was like most of the posters - for goodness sake, she's not Jewish, why make an issue out of nothing.

But, then I was looking at the pictures of the event they hosted. At these regal-looking holocaust survivors shaking hands with her. And then I felt that yes, she could have perhaps dressed more appropriately in order to make them feel fully comfortable.

I still don't think she did anything wrong, but I do understand the sentiment.

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:

I don't usually bother to engage you because it's a waste of mental and physical energy but your post is so egregiously and manifestly wrong, that I had to just point that out - I loathe Trump - the man and the politics and I posted to defend Melania's dress. On Melania, I am indifferent except to say I believe in the old adage that if you marry for money, you will earn every penny. Wink

I doubt whether this will make you less willing to make illogical and non-factual posts in the future.

Carry on. Very Happy Very Happy

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:13 pm
smile12345 wrote:
It's interesting - my original reaction to reading this thread was like most of the posters - for goodness sake, she's not Jewish, why make an issue out of nothing.

But, then I was looking at the pictures of the event they hosted. At these regal-looking holocaust survivors shaking hands with her. And then I felt that yes, she could have perhaps dressed more appropriately in order to make them feel fully comfortable.

I still don't think she did anything wrong, but I do understand the sentiment.

My grandmother was one of those survivors. She felt perfectly comfortable with Melania. She said both Donald and Melania were lovely.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:14 pm
I can't stand her husband and really don't like her and don't give a hoot about her wearing that dress. I don't even care what Ivanka wore in that post. I was wondering if those chanukiyas are the disposable type, but whatever, not my business. What they choose to wear is the least of my concerns with that family.

flmommy

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 10:44 pm
She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. Last years Chanukah pics she was totally tznius and all anyone wanted to talk about was the cost of her outfit.

Redbird

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 11:25 pm
I just read through this whole conversation thinking it was discussing Ivanka!

I LOLed about the response that she "is not Jewish, and therefore is not obligated to keep the mitzvah of tznius." which has like 64 likes.

But either way, who cares.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 3:21 am
Cheiny wrote:

Repating myself: I am no fan of the Trumps but do not care about what they wear. Well with the exception of the "I really don't care" dress because that's a double negative now.

If "no fan of the Trumps" perhaps sounds centrist, while I hate him, I want him removed from office and then imprisoned. I don't know of any crimes Melania has committed, so unless we learn of some, she can visit him in jail.

Mayflower

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 4:21 am
SixOfWands wrote:

Its also amusing to hear the utter silence of the conservative media on Melania completely baring her shoulders, given their repeated attacks on Michelle Obama for wearing sleeveless dresses.

This. So much this.

But I couldn't care less about Melania's dress.

anon for this

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 4:05 pm
Cheiny wrote:

Not true. I don't think Trump is a good president, and I think it's becoming clear that he and his associates have committed various crimes. But I don't care how Melania dresses. (I don't understand how she got an Einstein visa when her primary talent at the time was one I prefer not to tell my young children about, but that's a different issue). And I agree with the posters who noted that Michelle Obama was criticized by many for wearing sleeveless dresses.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 4:13 pm
Amarante wrote:
I was expecting something more (or less). In the secular world, that would be considered a fairly modest cocktail dress appropriate for the occasion. There was no cleavage showing and most people who are secular don't consider shoulders or necks to have the same kind of provocative look as breasts or pupiks:_).

FWIW, Ivanka is purportedly an Orthodox Jew and THIS is what she posted to Instagram for her holiday photo. Again, in the secular world, it's not an ultra-provocative dress for a cocktail party but IMHO is far s*exier than what Melania wore.

That's an old photo.

This year, she didn't post Chanukah photos. She posted photos of one of her kids staring at Xmas cookies, and of them looking at the Xmas trees.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrLZt4qhJYJ/
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics