Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Miami-Orlando vacation. Please help me plan
Previous  1  2

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Thanks to all who replied.

I'm updating what I found out in case anyone else out there is looking for current information.

Both kosh and backyardbbq are doi g Friday night meals this year. Harbor grill has a takeout package. I have not found any day meals yet.

If anyone has anything to add, please post. Thanks!

Chabbad often has either a large kiddish or a meal. We did that once and then had cold cut sandwiches in our fridge for lunch... (I think they charge for the meal but for the kiddish just a donation)

https://www.theshul.org/touristinfo

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 7:46 pm
In Orlando, you can rent a home with a private pool for about the cost of a hotel room.
(in case anyone is going.)

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
Chabbad often has either a large kiddish or a meal. We did that once and then had cold cut sandwiches in our fridge for lunch... (I think they charge for the meal but for the kiddish just a donation)

https://www.theshul.org/touristinfo

Thank you! I don't know if I'm the type to stick around and eat at a kiddush, but there is a lot of useful information on this site!

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
In Orlando, you can rent a home with a private pool for about the cost of a hotel room.
(in case anyone is going.)

I think we will leave this for another trip, but this sounds great. Do you know how far these homes are from a shul? Kosher food? The parks?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 9:37 am
Between kosh and backyard bbq, which should I book for Friday night? Anyone been to either on shabbos and can tell me about their experience?

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 9:42 am
You can drive down to the Florida keys from Miami if you want to do something different this time.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 9:50 am
dancingqueen wrote:
You can drive down to the Florida keys from Miami if you want to do something different this time.

Can you please tell me about this? Is it a beach location? Also what about the availability of kosher food and or minyanim?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 10:06 am
dancingqueen wrote:

I personally do not reccomend going all the way to the keys. Drive in that direction (it’s the drive that’s pretty) and get a boat out for the afternoon. Bring along a picnic.

The actual keys was super disappointing for us, tacky and nothing to really do there. The drive is beautiful tho.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics