Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Liberty Science Center discounts?
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:13 am
I want to take DD but it would be about $60 just for the two of us for one day! And that's with leaving one DD can with a friend. Crazy, imho. Any other way to get in? A while back there was a Groupon but it's been so long that I'm not counting on it coming back. I'm not a member anywhere that would reciprocate, and even if I would consider becoming one just for this, they have very limited reciprocal days so it's probably not worth betting on the odds that the timing will work out.

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:18 am
I did a bit of Google and found this

https://greatfrumtrips.com/dea.....-day/

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:34 am
That was my google result too but it was the deal of the day 11 months ago... so not very helpful.

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:43 am
Ah.. I wasn't looking that closely

Dalia

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 11:54 am
Seeker, I think Hall of science is significantly cheaper. Does it compare in quality? I'm asking because I too have been dreaming of taking my family to LSC for a while, and have been wondering if the cheaper museums are not as good ...

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 12:04 pm
Hall of Science is really great. We've been there, though. My older DD especially loves science museums and I wanted to take her somewhere extra special. And we've seen the giant IMAX from the highway which is cool :-)

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 12:04 pm
If you haven't done NY Hall of Science, I highly recommend it.

monseymom25

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 3:08 pm
See if your local library has museum passes for the Libery Science Center.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 3:12 pm
I'm not from New Jersey so I highly doubt it.

thanks

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 3:14 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm not from New Jersey so I highly doubt it.

The library in Monsey NY has passes, so maybe yours does too.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 3:27 pm
thanks wrote:
The library in Monsey NY has passes, so maybe yours does too.

That's extremely cool! I'll look into it but not too optimistic.

bassarah

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 5:08 pm
If you happen to be a Chase Private Client I think you are entitled to free entry for you and a few companions.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:21 pm
OK, here's the deal I was looking for: There's a Groupon for $15.50 for one admission or $29 for two, PLUS a coupon code "president" gives you 25% off on top of that! GO GO GO!

Kumphort

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:25 pm
If you haven’t bought them yet. Start Groupon from ebates for an additional 6% back

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:33 pm
20%, not 25. Sorry. But go for it anyway.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:39 pm
I did use ebates (yay browser extension) but thanks for pointing it out for other readers!

climbing613

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:39 pm
Thank you!

smile4ever

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 8:56 pm
There's a BOA program that has certain museums free for card holders the first full weekend of every month. Liberty Science Center is on the list so if you have a Bank of America card, and you can wait a few weeks, you'll have free entry for every card holder. (You can google Museums on us for more info)

supermamma

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 9:08 pm
My library has free museum passes and if u are a chase private client you get free passes too. Check if LSC is still included.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 9:17 pm
smile4ever wrote:
There's a BOA program that has certain museums free for card holders the first full weekend of every month. Liberty Science Center is on the list so if you have a Bank of America card, and you can wait a few weeks, you'll have free entry for every card holder. (You can google Museums on us for more info)
That only applies to the cardholder, so if you have a number of kids, it's still an expense.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains