Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
El Al Strikes Again

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 8:13 pm
What exactly happened here ??

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 8:21 pm
She must have been terrified.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 8:26 pm
The poor girl. It may take her years to get over the fear of security again. I was patted down in LAX and felt violated. I could only imagine what a nightmare she had been through with having to strip herself and not being given an explanation of what the issue was.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 8:28 pm
It doesn’t make sense!!!! Why would they do something like that????

WhatFor

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 8:33 pm
I don't understand why she had to strip so that they could look at her clothing. I've been selected for extra screening at US airports and they run a scanner up and down your clothing and then stick it in some machine which will show if there was anything on your clothing. Also if they felt there was something about her stuff that they had to keep them, why would they let her get on the plane?

I also didn't know El Al had that much authority at other airports around the world. Like I know they question people, but do they have authority to detain people, take their stuff? Wouldn't they have to turn it over to Canadian border security officials at some point?

Blessing1

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 8:36 pm
This is horrible and sounds extremely fishy. Seems like the officers where just looking to take advantage of her. Hope she filed a s-xual harassment claim.

hannabanana

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 9:06 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
This is horrible and sounds extremely fishy. Seems like the officers where just looking to take advantage of her. Hope she filed a s-xual harassment claim.

Exactly what crossed my mind! Maybe the one she questioned her laid an eye...
Coming on the heels of the previous incident I think it's time for frum Jews to wake up and smell the roses... or the thorns.
We don't fly el al , You shouldn't either!

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 9:21 pm
She obviously triggered a profile and her answers were unsatisfactory.

The questions asked about paying for an expensive ticket made a lot of sense because she could have been a recruit or just gullible like that girl who carried a package with a bomb years ago.

They searched her clothing because there might have been explosives or other devices hidden in it.

You lose the right to privacy when you fly because the lives of other passengers are at risk.

El Al has security measures that should be applauded. Given the tremendous acclaim a terrorist act would garner, its outstanding that their safety record is so good.

El AL insists on having their own security and screening orocesses

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 11:22 pm
Amarante wrote:

The questions asked about paying for an expensive ticket made a lot of sense because she could have been a recruit or just gullible like that girl who carried a package with a bomb years ago.

They searched her clothing because there might have been explosives or other devices hidden in it.

You lose the right to privacy when you fly because the lives of other passengers are at risk.

El Al has security measures that should be applauded. Given the tremendous acclaim a terrorist act would garner, its outstanding that their safety record is so good.

But they didn't say anything to her, someone could of said what you just said on the flight or at least once she landed in Israel..

Besides with all of Israel's cutting edge technology, they couldn't do a full body scan ??

This sounds more like a low budget p*rn vid than "security"

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 11:51 pm
Confusing title. I thought El AL went on strike.

As for the incident itself, I'd like to hear from another news source besides YWN.

hannabanana

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 1:58 am
Amarante wrote:

amarnte you didn't disappoint! I knew this comment is coming. Just wondering, would your talk be different if it would be your daughter there? How can you approve stripping by males? There. is. No. reason. To do that. I'm sure el al has full body scanners
It's a good thing she started screaming..

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 2:01 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
But they didn't say anything to her, someone could of said what you just said on the flight or at least once she landed in Israel..

Besides with all of Israel's cutting edge technology, they couldn't do a full body scan ??

This sounds more like a low budget p*rn vid than "security"

As others posted, the article was alarmist and one sided so who knows what really happened.

Profilers don’t tell the public how they profile because that would enable someone to perhaps evade the profiling. El Al has a fantastic record and is often held up as an example of profiling on complex criteria rather than simplistic racial profiling.

Assuming the story is accurate, for whatever reason this girl triggered something that warranted expending significant resources on including incurring the significant expense of delaying a flight. A body scan is used to scan everyone and high risk people warrant more intensive intrusive search. There could be who knows what in her clothing that wouldn’t be picked up in a scan.

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 2:05 am
Even the ridiculous account showed she wasn’t stripped by males. She was behind s partition and female guards handled that part.

Glad that my my reading comprehension skills didn’t disappoint.

And I would feel the same if any relative had triggered a security check although I expect there was something in the girl’s responses to questions which were unsatisfactory and fit the profile of a suspected terrorist.

Safety trumps anything else in terms of flying.

baby12x

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 2:16 am
I actually know a few people who similar things happened to.
They were both told what triggered the search, although one was "you looked suspicious". And one was because she was born in Iran.
Israel does this. It's the price of security. While I feel terrible for this girl, we wouldn't want them to stop their security procedures. Obviously something about her was suspicious

imasoftov

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 3:21 am
hannabanana wrote:
Exactly what crossed my mind! Maybe the one she questioned her laid an eye...!

(and from a later post)

How can you approve stripping by males?

From the article, "From behind the curtain, she slowly handed them her clothes, one piece at a time. The men re-entered the room while she was behind the curtain"

Iymnok

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 5:05 am
imasoftov wrote:
From the article, "From behind the curtain, she slowly handed them her clothes, one piece at a time. The men re-entered the room while she was behind the curtain"

I guess the slowlyhere is what delayed the flight.

fmt4

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 6:10 am
I’m guessing this girl probably had dark skin... People who look Muslim or Arabic experience this all the time and no one says a peep because that’s the “price of security.” So yea - that’s the price of security.

watergirl

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 8:49 am
YWN is a tabloid and I’ll believe the story when I see the lawsuit or the story reported by a reputable news source.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics