Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How messy is your playroom right now?
1  2  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 8:59 pm
I have three kids ages 5 4 and 2. I used to have clean up time every night before bedtime but let’s be honest I did most of the cleaning. I’m 12 weeks pregnant and I don’t think we had clean up time in about a week and a half. The room is a total war zone but I’m just closing the door and not looking. It is also kinda
Bothering me emotionally. What am I teaching my kids?!?!. I need some sympathy here ladies.

pizza4

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 9:06 pm
My playroom is usually a mess! I love that it's generally contained in that room so I don't have to see it all day! (Besides shabbos when the toys go literally everywhere! ) we clean up hopefully once a week... today after havdala I gave each child to clean up one big toy so its fairly clean.
Relax. They're little. You're teaching them that a cleaned up house is not the most important thing in the world.
Although if you'd like you can give them jobs. My kids like when I write and draw pictures on a paper of what they need to clean up/ put away/ get ready for bed etc and they can check them off as they do each thing. When I do this I marvel how happily they do each thing when otherwise I need to say it 15 times till they begrudgingly do what I ask...

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 9:38 pm
My playroom is messy now. It would probably take 5-10 minutes for me to clean it but I'm not in the mood now. I tried having a "one toy out at a time" rule but it doesn't work so well, especially when ny 4 yr old has friends over. I don't think it's a problem! You can teach them about cleanliness and responsibility in other ways: by having a big playroom cleanup every few days; cleanliness in the kitchen at mealtime and afterward; putting laundry in the hamper etc.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 9:49 pm
Ummm. Mine usually is messy. My kids are 7,6 & 2. I am not such a neat person by nature so it's major victory when whole house is clean. Right now it's what I call a clean mess. Closet is neat and also organized! ( Thanks DH!) Three big toys are out but they are being left till tomorrow on purpose because they are playing a game with them and they are made into a whole city. Lol. All little toys and books and puzzles I had them put away earlier .
My kitchen is another story ...

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 9:54 pm
Be happy you've got a playroom! We don't have one at all! The kids play in the kitchen, dining room and bedroom!

Tzutzie

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 9:56 pm
I think it's actually pretty clean now....
I think. Lol. Haven't been down there all of today. But peaking in thru the steps it looked ok.

But that's just because my kids are very into books now.... but really, imo, playrooms are supposed to be messy. If you have a door in it then whats the big deal? Mine is right off the steps in the lower level of a bilevel home. So it is somewhat visible from the entrance. (I have a door stopper so not so open).
I clean up once a week. I try to do it with my kids. But if not, there are many other ways to teach them responsibility. Like putting away their coats, cleaning up after themselves at meal time, dirty laundry in the hamper.....

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
Be happy you've got a playroom! We don't have one at all! The kids play in the kitchen, dining room and bedroom!

This! That’s exactly what I was going to post

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:

This. I would love a playroom so that all mess is contained in one room.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 10:09 pm
You we teaching them that it's ok to be imperfect at 12 weeks pregnant. Iyh one day your babies will be grown up and it will be perfectly clean.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 10:33 pm
amother wrote:
This! That’s exactly what I was going to post

Lol I was waiting for ppl to say that. I actually just moved to this house from a two bedroom apt a few months ago. In my apartment the toys were kept in the kids bedroom and migrated all over the place throughout the day. I was very good about clean up time tho. Now that I bh have a house with playroom I can ignore and it’s a total war zone!

erm

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:

I have a playroom in the basement but my kids bring everything up to the dining room and kitchen...

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:07 pm
My playroom is not clean.
A bigger problem is the lack of organization in the playroom closet...

amother
Red

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:25 pm
My playroom is almost never clean. It's the kids domain. I make them clean up once a week. The room has a door that gets closed when I don't want to see the mess.

ahuva06

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:30 pm
My playroom is also my family room/living room/room with the couch in it Wink
I try to clean it once in the morning and once after the kids are in bed but it's definitely a mess for the majority of the day.
Bh for kids making a mess!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:46 am
Blessed playroom. I too recently moved and can't bless the playroom enough.

That being said, its not always in perfect order. And thats ok. Tonight its actually fairly clean with "just" legos strewn about.

Just a cute cleanup activity I saw on comic cook instagram page. She said she sometimes sits in the middle of the room with the empty toy bucket and acts as if shes a tzedaka collector and her kids drop the toys (tzedaka) in her pushka (toy bucket ).

I did this idea twice with my kids and they loved it. I dressed up a little silly to make it more entertaining and we got the room clean in no time!

Sleepymama

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:51 am
Wow. A playroom. That sounds like the height of luxury to me..

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 3:17 am
amother wrote:
Blessed playroom. I too recently moved and can't bless the playroom enough.

That being said, its not always in perfect order. And thats ok. Tonight its actually fairly clean with "just" legos strewn about.

Just a cute cleanup activity I saw on comic cook instagram page. She said she sometimes sits in the middle of the room with the empty toy bucket and acts as if shes a tzedaka collector and her kids drop the toys (tzedaka) in her pushka (toy bucket ).

I did this idea twice with my kids and they loved it. I dressed up a little silly to make it more entertaining and we got the room clean in no time!

Who puts the toys away from the big bucket?

groisamomma

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 3:54 am
Books all over, and whoever played with the dolls left doll clothes and accessories all over. I hate cleaning so it's staying there until someone else gets to it. There's no door and the playroom is right off the kitchen but no complaints because they don't ever bring games out or take food in. My 12-year-old cleans up and vacuums it for Shabbos.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 7:55 am
What playroom? Very Happy Sad

My son trails toys all over our apartment. It's only a matter of time before my daughter joins her. Thank G-d I have a cleaning lady once a week, so at least the apartment is clean before Shabbos... although it gets messy again 2 hours later.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 8:22 am
smileforamile wrote:
What playroom? Very Happy Sad

My son trails toys all over our apartment. It's only a matter of time before my daughter joins her. Thank G-d I have a cleaning lady once a week, so at least the apartment is clean before Shabbos... although it gets messy again 2 hours later.

B”H!!

It sounds like you have things under control while people with playrooms are not coping with the mess Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry