Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Still 1/2hr to go which insurance do O.T take in Lkwd

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:15 pm
I think my child can benefit from O.T but no clue
how to get her the help. She's on jersey care but my understanding is that no OT takes. I must get private? Any cheap plans? Was I suppose to call these occupational therapy centers first? Last hour for open enrolment, and I'm not sure what to do

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
I think my child can benefit from O.T but no clue
how to get her the help. She's on jersey care but my understanding is that no OT takes. I must get private? Any cheap plans? Was I suppose to call these occupational therapy centers first? Last hour for open enrolment, and I'm not sure what to do

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:18 pm
You can find under jersey care.
Go to children’s hospital for special services - one in Lakewood and one in Toms River.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:19 pm
And if you are eligible for jersey care you wouldn’t be able to apply....

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:22 pm
I'm not ready to do a full evaluation just uet right now its her handwriting that shes struggling with that's majorly effecting her schoolwork

real israeli

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:24 pm
Children’s specialized hospital has the most amazing OTs and accepts jersey care. Get a prescription and take for an evaluation

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:29 pm
If you choose not to go to children’s specialized hospital, I highly recommend Bruchi Greenspan from therasense. She was supervisor at Brain Builders for years and just opened private practice so I think her rates are lower than other private OTs because she’s building up her practice now. I’ve seen her mentioned by other ppl on other threads here too. She’s great! Hatzlacha!

732-955-4841

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:38 pm
amother wrote:
And if you are eligible for jersey care you wouldn’t be able to apply....

I need insurance for Dh and I is it possible to add her to a plan we take out?

SingALong

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:40 pm
Handwriting without tears website has great tips for parents to do at home. I know that doesn’t help you with finding a local ot but at least until you do find one you can do some reading up on some tips how to help your child at home

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:40 pm
real israeli wrote:
Children’s specialized hospital has the most amazing OTs and accepts jersey care. Get a prescription and take for an evaluation

I would have to go down to a hospital every time for therapy?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 3:21 am
amother wrote:
I would have to go down to a hospital every time for therapy?

Same way you would have to go to any OT for therapy.
(It’s not really a hospital, it’s a therapy center btw - and it’s in Lakewood- what’s the big deal?)

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:20 pm
I use Children's Specialized Hospital for OT and speech. They have 2 locations in Toms River. The one on Lakehurst Road is just offices and therapy rooms. Not like a hospital for invasive procedures. Its very kid friendly and their therapists are skillful and knowledgeable.

You need a prescription for an evaluation before you can get services. If you are eligible, then you get services. You don't just call up and say my child needs OT. Maybe that's how it works with frum therapists...

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:45 pm
Do I get a prescription from a my pediatrician? This child has a very(irrational ) fear of non Jews. Are there many drum people using the place. Men or ladies

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:55 pm
After discussing your concerns with your pediatrician and bringing examples of areas that his teachers are saying he's struggling with or examples from home highlighting his deficiencies, your pediatrician (if warranted) will give you a prescription for an OT eval. You call Children's specialized and make an appointment for an eval. After testing your child and discussing your concerns, if they determine you need OT, then they will schedule you for a series of sessions.

When I go, there is usually 1 other orthdox Jewish client in the waiting room. I'm not the only one. I have only seen 1 Orthodox therapist. Most of the therapists are women wearing pants and the clients are regular moms and dads with their small children. I have never been uncomfortable for myself or my child. They are very professional and child-centered. Try it! See what happens when you step outside the Lakewood lines! You might be pleasantly surprised Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics