Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help me find a great career

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 5:01 pm
Hey, I'm trying to find a career that has not too much schooling and is a good option for a frum woman.
I want to get a degree so I could get a proper job and not just work in a frum office or data entry all my life.
I just don't know where to begin. I want a career that is practical, pays well, not too much schooling (I would prefer to only need an associates degree and not a bachelor's)
Anyone in a career they love?
Here's some things about me
-im pretty creative but don't necessarily want a creativity based job because either know they aren't practical
-im good with numbers
-people person but I'm quite shy. So I'm an office I would be the quiet one but if I was like a therapist I think I would be good at making people feel comfortable and making conversations...
- I don't really want to be in school, I'm not a school person ho could sit in a desk all day(I'm pretty sure I have undiagnosed ADHD) but when I set my mind to something I could do very well. But I want to learn something professionally so I could have mroe warning potential.
- I would prefer to learn at home on line or through correspondence. I do much better learning on my own, then in a classroom setting.
-im pretty quick at getting things a d can work efficiently and quickly.
Any ideas?

librarylady

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 5:24 pm
A job that fits your qualifications might be hard to get with just an associate's.
Depending on your background and abilities it might be worthwhile to get a full master's so you can get a job that is more fulfilling, intellectually challenging, and pays well. It really is quite doable if you are willing to work hard and have a strong academic background.
My personal story (not sure if it helps, but just in case) is that I got a bachelor's in liberal arts online through Excelsior/TTI using a lot of CLEPs and credits from seminary and Jewish subjects. I looked at it as a stepping stone just to get to the next stage. Then I got a master's online as well (my state college had a good program with reasonable tuition) in my chosen field, doing it as fast as I could so I finished the whole thing within 2.5 years of returning from seminary. BH I am very happy with my career and the choices I made. Let me know if you have any questions about what I did.

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 6:40 pm
Sonography
Dental hygienist
Accounting
IT
Management or healthcare related field

cm

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 6:51 pm
Meet with a career counselor at your local community college. At the one near me, you do not need to be enrolled to take advantage of this service. Also keep in mind that you can attend a different community college, although it might cost more. There may be different programs offered.

srbmom

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 7:45 pm
What about something like coding or app design? Those are big fields nowadays, don't require much schooling, and can be learned mostly online

lora

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 7:48 pm
nutritionist
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics