Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bra for 9 yr old ok?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 11:02 pm
My 9 yr old told me she feels a little bump and asked me to buy her a training bra. I took her shopping today.... I had such a horrible experience dealing with my changing body when I was preteen, I was so happy she was asking for a bra and excited about it. I made it exciting and positive and let her pick a bunch of colorful options .
In retrospect, I'm wondering if that was stupid. She definitely doesn't need it yet.... Is it ok if she wears a training bra for the next 2 yrs?
Also, she really wanted 1 padded bra which makes her look developing, when it's really all the padding and not her body...

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 11:04 pm
You either need a bra or not. Why would she wear one if she doesnt need it? If she really wants, maybe get her these 1/2 undershirt type. But definitely not a padded for a 9 year old.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 6:58 am
Not a padded bra, but it wouldn't hurt to let her have training bras.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 7:16 am
I got Dd some. She wore them for a month. We’ll try again when she actually needs it.

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 8:02 am
I got these because my dd was complaining her chest was hurting.

https://www.marksandspencer.co.....irect

Teomima

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 8:05 am
I would not get a padded bra. I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing one of the kinds that look like half an undershirt, even if she doesn't really need it yet (at that age I totally needed a support bra and was incredibly embarrassed, meanwhile my daughter at that she could go either way regarding having a training bra but she doesn't want one yet). But 9 is way too young to try and intentionally look bigger than you are, imo.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 8:45 am
Teomima wrote:
I would not get a padded bra. I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing one of the kinds that look like half an undershirt, even if she doesn't really need it yet (at that age I totally needed a support bra and was incredibly embarrassed, meanwhile my daughter at that she could go either way regarding having a training bra but she doesn't want one yet). But 9 is way too young to try and intentionally look bigger than you are, imo.

I really don't think that was her intention, just trying different comfort levels

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 8:52 am
Slightly padded bras are great for covering nipples. They dont need to be for looking bigger.
Age 9 is young if she doesnt need. But whats done is done.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 9:02 am
Gap had some nice training bra options this season. I got them for my 10 year old, in fun colors. It made her feel all grown up.

You sound like a great Mom, OP.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 9:43 am
Chayalle wrote:
Gap had some nice training bra options this season. I got them for my 10 year old, in fun colors. It made her feel all grown up.

You sound like a great Mom, OP.

Thanks Chayalle Smile

Goldie613

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 9:47 am
If the padding is to make her feel like her body is sticking out less (less pointy, less nipple sticking out), then I don't see the harm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children