Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Most difficult age?

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:45 am
Firstly, apologies for monopolising the twins forum- it's a hot topic in my house ATM since I had twins a week and a half ago.

I'm curious if veteran twin mom could share their perspective on what was the most difficult age with their twins? Mine are preemies so they basically just sleep and eat all the time. But I've a feeling there's a storm coming and would like to arrange help in advance!

Many thanks

Teomima

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:52 am
Mazal tov!
I found the first two months to be very difficult. I never felt human. It slowly eased and once they got old enough to play (and play with each other), things got significantly easier. The terrible twos (and threes) were relentless with twins, but the moment they turned four things suddenly got amazing, and continued to get better and better. Now we're slowly approaching the preteen years and things are getting....interesting.

chatz

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:58 am
0-3 months. Then 3-6m.

At 3 months, they got some sort of schedule going, so I knew (to an extent) what to expect.

At 6 months, they started enjoying time on the floor.

Biggest help was someone watching them so I could sleep.

Mazal tov!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:08 am
Everyone told me the first year is the most challenging, but I disagreed. I found once they were on a schedule (which was a must early on!) and then sleep trained, it was really not as challenging. They were happy as long as they were fed and diapered. The 2s I find to be the most challenging... they both want my attention, know how to run away, get into things...everything you would expect from a 2 year old but double the "trouble," so constantly running after both!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more