Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
How do I understand this?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 11:03 am
I've had several premonitions that have come true, is this normal? Of those I can recall:

1) Among the earliest I can recall, the morning of 9/11 I woke with a fear that a war was starting, at 7:00 am EDT
2)About a week or 2 before my father passed away he was in a hospital--for something being treated, but not life threatening and said something about how his father "never came out, but that won't happen to me"--and at that moment I had this sudden feeling & thought of "don't say that"--and he passed away suddenly less than 2 weeks later.
3)I had a premonition about where and when I would hear about my future husband 3 weeks before it happened--and it panned out exactly like that, I didn't say a word about it to anybody.
4) I was once at a crossroads in my career, and I was davening for a sign, a week later at a job interview the response I got was "exactly the right answer" and along the way I got several "signs" that it was the right direction.
5) When a close relative on my husband's side was sick, I had a "feeling" I knew what day she'd pass away--and she did. Then another passed away on my husband's side, I had a feeling that I was pregnant at the time of the funeral--but would've been too early to test & to avoid the funeral. I tested positive a week later, and 9 months later my baby was named for that relative.

There have been others as well. How do I understand this? No, I've never won the lottery, but I once had a thought about a certain sport's team that was a "long shot to win the championship" and I once got a feeling that they would about 4 months before it happened--and they did.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 11:18 am
Interesting. You might be extremely sensitive to information you didn't realize you were getting.

You might also want to consider confirmation bias. It's possible that you have had many hunches or premonitions that didn't come true so you don't remember those. I can't tell you how many people have told me that they had a premonition of doom on 9/11.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 11:44 am
Finally! someone who experiences the same thing as me. always thought I was crazy.... what I have is sometimes I'll be in a situation where I was before in a dream or day flash (wtvr - hard to explain) and it feels so weird. and this is always in situations where I had never been/experienced previously.....
I don't think I'm making sense Confused

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 11:47 am
What I suspect is that your not remembering the hundreds of times your premonition didn't end up happening.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 12:12 pm
Very cool.
Your wiring is very fine tuned.
Unless you are disturbed by it, it's a gift. However, I have heard some say that having a premonition about something negative is very emotionally draining. It happens to me very rarely but it happens. I just take it as a reminder that there is way more to what's going on around us than we think.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 12:35 pm
I sometimes have it. I may only realize in retrospect why I hated that day. Or I may know from start something is happening. Or not.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 3:13 pm
Maybe it’s confirmation bias.

Or maybe you’re a little bit psychic.

When’s your birthday?

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 3:24 pm
So you better start thinking positive thoughts so positive things should happen

amother
Black

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 3:30 pm
I have similar. I've learned to use it for the good.
That feeling of something is not right, or the feeling that something good will happen. I use those feelings to figure out what to do when I have a few options and logic isn't really helping.

My friends claim I'm psychic, and ask me for advice when nobody else can help them. I think that I'm just extremely sensitive.

thegiver

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 3:52 pm
Bina yeseira
Women have strong intuition

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 9:23 pm
2 things

1) always make sure to go to birchas Kohanim on yt. You can daven for better "dreams"
2) there is something to your thoughts coming true. Not fleeting thoughts but something we obsess over. Don't let your brain think negative thoughts.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 6:31 am
I never post but I have this also and wanted to reassure you. The trick is to not let your anxiety get the better of you because sometimes that uneasy feeling isn't tapping into anything, it's just worrying. But for sure sometimes it is a real premonition. It's not just intuition, it's a type of psychic something. I've had it since I was a kid.

As far as your question, it's not exactly normal, but it's a gift like anything else. I don't think that thinking more positive is the answer, I think it's just a matter of not getting bogged down in the what ifs, if that happens to you. I do not agree with the insinuation that you are making things happen with your thoughts; I think it's more along the lines of what you said, that you just "knew".

There is the potential to help many people with this type of knowledge, but more often it's just sometimes helpful in the day to day to trust your gut.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:03 am
While I have had anxiety--nothing diagnosed clinically, I'm not constantly "worrying" or thinking about things--if anything the anxiety comes from knowing that it WILL work out but kind watching a movie and knowing the end will be happy but not knowing how it will work out. Some of those premonitions occurred "out of the blue"--meaning I wasn't actively thinking about them and the thought just "dawned" on me. Especially when it came to dating my husband, I was actually mentally doing as much as I could to dismiss it b/c I was like "no, this can't actually be happening" and when the suggestion of my husband came up, I had had only 2 other suggestions in the past 6 months, I was mulling one that I was in the middle of when the thought popped into my head. By most logic I would've said NO to the suggestion of my husband, but it was only because of the premonition I said yes. 9/11 was pretty freaky, I woke up and expected the worst when I turned on the news that morning, but everything was normal. Then around 9:30am when I heard the news, I was REALLY freaking out. When these things happen it feels like a sudden idea "falls on me." I'm awake--they aren't dreams. Some of them have been negative, some of them have been positive.

My birthday is August/Elul if that means anything.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:43 am
I've got absolutely zero of this. However, I believe it's true what you're saying. I'd say you have a huge amount of intuition. In the Myers Briggs system, you're probably an "N".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics