Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Unpopular Opinions
  Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18  Next

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 1:46 am
gingertop wrote:
I think a better phrase to describe what Cheiny was trying to - how antisemitism is ubiquitous and always with an ever changing face- would be בכל דור ודור עומדים עלינו לכלותינו.

Well that can't be used to establish as "fact" that any given non-Jew is out to destroy us.

mig100

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 1:41 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Anyway my point is, that not every 18 year old (although I was older- it by wasn’t much...) is ready for a baby the minute she puts on a wig🙄

Am I really allowed a really unpopular opinion!??!

Why exactly are 18 year olds putting on wigs if they are not ready and eager to begin a family? Isnt that one of the main purposes of our marriages- lvnos bayis neeman byisroel?

To be clear- I am all for getting married young. Just if a girl is not ready to build a home and start a family - why exactly are they getting married? Because all their friends are? because they want lots of jewelry and a big white gown? Becasue they are terrifed of the shidduch crisis? Can't Believe It

SuperWify wrote:
Lots of my friends were in the same boat. BH it all worked out but believe me life could have been much easier.

Lets be honest- is the problem that girls are not ready for babies or were not ready for marriage all together???

Go ahead and say what you are thinking- im ready Cool Cool

r1

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 2:56 pm
mig100 wrote:
Lets be honest- is the problem that girls are not ready for babies or for marriage...

They (we, me) are ready to start building the most important part of the bayis neeman- the relationship between husband and wife. Don’t get what part of that u missed.

Coming from someone who never used bc ...

penguin

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 3:08 pm
Quote:
But that poster was saying that the Palestinians hate us because they are eisav. So I was pointing out that they are not eisav. That’s all.

(above is from Selichos of Bahab)

Eisav is a son-in-law of Yishmael, and the last galus they are allied, per prophecy of Daniel of the image of the man who represents the various galuyos. The legs are Eisav and Yishmael as a person can exist without various parts but needs two legs to walk.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 6:12 pm
I only read the first page, and I hope I won't regret sharing my unpopular opinions:
-Makeup is generally silly. You don't need to paint your face. You already look nice.
-Cloth diapering is easier than using disposable diapers.
-Coffee is gross.
-Baby girls don't need pierced ears, it can wait until they ask for it.
-I never could get interested in the Lord of the Rings, the Hunger Games, or Twilight. (But I am an avid Harry Potter fan, which I assume is not an unpopular opinion on this site.)
-Political and controversial discussions should generally be avoided, because you're not actually likely to change anyone's mind.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 6:27 pm
mig100 wrote:
Lets be honest- is the problem that girls are not ready for babies or were not ready for marriage all together???

I agree 100%.

However, it doesn’t take awfrom my opinion that the minute you get married you must start trying for a baby. Why can’t a couple have time to just be?

mig100

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 7:03 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I agree 100%.
Mad

OW Im really impressed with myself that I got a 100% agree from the one I was Laugh counteracting!

Even if you dont agree- I did make my point well!

Sebastian

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 7:07 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I had my baby exactly a year after I got married. Shana rishona was extremely difficult as I adjusting to being both a wife and soon a mother. Lots of my friends where in the same boat. BH it all worked out but believe me life could have been much easier. (Nowadays we make up by having “Shana rishona” every night after baby does to sleep. Whether we go out or even stay in- most nights- play a game or watch a movie or just talk , it’s a great time to bond. It may be crazy that DH isn’t by night Seder to half of Lakewood but Sorry to with all them other jealous wives...)

Anyway my point is, that not every 18 year old (although I was older- it by wasn’t much...) is ready for a baby the minute she puts on a wig🙄

And yes some woman can go year after year producing another child and I’m in awe of them. However, there are a lot of other woman rgat simply can’t do that- because they’re human and normal- but unfortunately feel like they too must be on the baby race because look at chani - her youngest is 6 months old, she pregnant again and her “big” one is 18 months.. while my baby's *gasp* is already a year I must start tying again...

I didn't get married at 18 (or even a little past that) and was ready to be married. I (and dh) would have been resentful at being forced to go on bc. We were both ready to start a family.

It was hard having morning sickness a few months after marriage, but I'm glad we didn't wait.

My unpopular opinion is that women shouldn't be getting married at 18. They are simply too immature. 20-21 should be the earliest.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 7:08 pm
mig100 wrote:

Some women just want to have a relationship with a man. They can be ready for marriage, but not for the real responsibilities of raising children.

mig100

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 7:10 pm
SuperWify wrote:
However, it doesn’t take awfrom my opinion that the minute you get married you must start trying for a baby. Why can’t a couple have time to just be?

If the husband, wife and rav agree to wait for whatever reasons they have- I dont see who else why anyone else has a right to object or judge them.

I dont either see why it would matter if they would. id sincerely hope anyone who is having a baby is mature enough to make a decision based on what's best for them and not society pressures. if there not, id agree that's problem here. [b]

Last edited by mig100 on Wed, Dec 19 2018, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

smileforamile

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 7:10 pm
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

mig100

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 7:11 pm
Quote:

Most girls at age 18-20 might want to have a relationship with a man, but many of them want the "la la" relationship, not the serious relationship that includes responsibilities, difficult choices, and hard work.

it seems like my unpopular opinion is not that unpopular afterall!! LOL I take this response as agreement- which is the 3rd post I got agreeing with my side- in just the time it took me to write my short response. LOL LOL LOL

Again- im totally pro getting married young ( although I didnt)

I just find it rediculous to hear that lots of girls are getting married -not ready to start families or have any real responsibility and think bc is the solution. Id say this issue should have been dealt with before they started dating!

And for those who say they are ready to be married just not to have kids- I have a hard time beleiving it- id say marriage has waaaay more responsibiliby than taking care of an infant- and thats my second unpopular opinion.

Do girls seriously just wake up after the wedding when all the gowns and excitement is over and saying- hey am a ready?

its more than bit late to start thinking about it then.

Last edited by mig100 on Wed, Dec 19 2018, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

levlongnprosper

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 8:25 pm
The MiMu Maxi clothing line is really, really ugly. Especially that weird "legging" skirt (tight, tapered ankle-length skirt Can't Believe It )

brkn

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:22 pm
gingertop wrote:
My very unpopular opinion is that frum literature is good. I read whatever I can get my hands on so I'm not saying this as a prude.
I love-hate the s-ex, blood, and gore that is prevalent everywhere else. Frum literature is a safe place for me. Good character development because there can't be much of a plot. Excellent writing. No crutches.

What's your terrible take? Can't beat mine lol.

Recommend your favorites!

Here's my unpopular (or at least uncommon) opinion: pesach is my favorite holiday, cleaning and all Very Happy

ectomorph

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:22 pm
gingertop wrote:
My very unpopular opinion is that frum literature is good. I read whatever I can get my hands on so I'm not saying this as a prude.
I love-hate the s-ex, blood, and gore that is prevalent everywhere else. Frum literature is a safe place for me. Good character development because there can't be much of a plot. Excellent writing. No crutches.

What's your terrible take? Can't beat mine lol.

I agree with this opinion

I think Trump is trying his best to save the united states and western civilization from self destruction

But I think he will fail because it is time for galus Ishmael

I think the entire world will be taken over by islam in the next 50 years. Europe in the next 10 years...

momsrus

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:35 pm
Sushi taste awful

momsrus

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:35 pm
People should not buy their married children bugaboos just because everyone does.

Stayci

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:03 pm
I think the current orthodox Jewish religion (I state Orthodox because I don't know enough of the non-orthodox versions of Judaism) has nothing to do with the original version and it's just as contrived as Christianity/Islam/Catholicism.

I think that the western world is just as extreme as ultra Chassidic people so I find people who mock ultra Chassidic to be fools.

I think 97% of the world has stopped using intuition and common sense in their every day lives. Most people act out of fear, trauma or brainwashing.

I think that external beauty has absolutely no truth to it and it's only societal norms that formed all of our current opinions. This includes any physical attraction based on physical attributes.

I believe that our school system is appalling and none of it makes sense at all. Not the way kids are grouped. Not the hours. Not the content. Not the methodology. Not the expectations. Nothing.

I don't think people debate anymore. They fight and they use debates and arguments to make themselves feel better or to minimize guilt that they feel.

I don't think that we should care about politics at all. It's all a huge bait to keep us "children" occupied and pacified from bigger issues.

People would benefit from a lot more physical contact and so we should try to stop making physical connections between adults a sexualized act.

We shouldn't encourage people to stop acting silly. Maturity, out of important decision making, is overrated.

We should be expected to go to school for a degree in parenting for a minimum of 3 years in addition to a 2 year internship program.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 11:01 am
ra_mom wrote:
I don't know if I have the exact source, but I have something saved on my computer (dd loves mermaids). PM during the day if I forget to post back here.
I do remember that Rashi talks about Dolfinin which he describes as half body human and half body fish.

I just remembered about this. This is what I have saved.

Gemara bechoros daf ches am v’alef A8

Dolfeenin - amar rav Yehuda, children of the sea

Rashi explains that they are half human and half fish. He brings down a word in French called serena/serini, mermaid. Rashi says he understands this gemara as referring to mermaids.

They were not nice creatures and they tried to kill sailors in Greek mythology.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 12:25 pm
Sirène
Page 17 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics