Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Wisdom tooth extraction

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 8:45 pm
Just had one done . Those who got it taken out , how was recovery ?

ahuva06

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 8:47 pm
I got mine removed as a teen and the recovery was super quick. If I recall correctly I was totally back to normal 2 days later. (much to my chagrin, I was looking forward to a mini vacation from school lol!)
Hope yours is just as easy!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 8:49 pm
The younger you are, the faster you heal. I had mine out at 22, and was down for about 3 days. After the first day I didn't even need the pain meds they gave me, just some Tylenol.

watergirl

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:03 pm
I’m 37 and I had one removed 1.5 years ago with novocaine all the rest removed a year ago under general anesthesia along with bone grafting and one tooth was badly impacted. With the single extrction I was back at work the next day and with the more major three I was back at work on the third day.

Stay on top of the pain meds!

cucumber21

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:07 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
Just had one done . Those who got it taken out , how was recovery ?

I had my wisdom teeth (all 4) removed when I was 16. I was put under general anesthesia and was back to school two days later. The pain was bearable, as long as you eat soft foods the first few days. I was told that if you you do 2 at a time you’ll never come back for your other ones.

nchr

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:11 pm
Was it an upper or a lower? If a lower, do not use a straw or spit for a few days because you want to avoid a dry socket. I went to school the day after mine were removed (all four and yes they were all impacted lol). I was swollen for about a week but didn't have pain. Good luck!

oneofakind

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:14 pm
Upper teeth are like a regular extraction. Bottom ones are trickier. I had a complication with one so it dragged out the process. Make sure to chew gum when the bleeding stops or your mouth can't open normally .

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:18 pm
Upper .

nchr

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 7:21 am
oneofakind wrote:
Upper teeth are like a regular extraction. Bottom ones are trickier. I had a complication with one so it dragged out the process. Make sure to chew gum when the bleeding stops or your mouth can't open normally .

This is not necessarily the case. Uppers like mine could be impacted and even in the sinuses. They are also often removed from the side of the gum (in between the cheek) which is different than a regular extraction so the surgeon cuts the side, starts drilling and does so until he finds the teeth. If you're older, they can need to be split in a few pieces, etc. Uppers are just less likely to result in dry sockets.

rowo

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 8:09 am
I had all four taken out under a general.
It took me 2 weeks to feel fully back to normal and bruising and swelling to be gone.
(I was 32...)

gold21

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 9:24 am
It depends on whether or not the tooth is impacted (stuck under the gumline) and if it is impacted, how impacted it is.

My wisdom teeth were not so impacted, they were mostly erupted above the gumline, with just a small percentage impacted. It was not a big deal at all. Recovery was easy. I took Motrin once and then didn't bother again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics