Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Instagram question
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 9:20 pm
You might want to check out Abbey Wolin on Instagram. She has a business challenge where she teaches a lot of information for woman who own thier own business/service. I think it is called 30 day biz challenge. It may help you get started.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 9:58 pm
So what I'm gathering is:

1. must add in some personal element not to make it just about my buisness over and over again

2. influencer "selling" my service may not be believed that they actually love my product, but it still may accomplish the purpose of people falling for it and contacting me

(can you believe that I am/was so naive to think that the influencer reviews were genuine?!? some of them I could believe are doing it for money, but others I dunno, I still find it hard that they don't really love it-- they may have received the product free in the mail, or a service was offered for free (hair, makeup etc..) but aside from getting it for free, I feel like they still enjoyed the product/service... I still rather think the happy thoughts of my naive state of mind.. I'm not an impulse buyer so I don't run to buy anything too quickly just because someone with 10+ followers said so. but if I legit need it anyway.... rant over)

3. my face is not a must, but will definitely help build the connection

I really learned so much more from all your responses.. please keep them coming with any insights and advice you may have for me! (or anyone reading this!!)

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 10:00 pm
I was looking into the business challenge... but was actually having trouble finding where to sign up!

how much does it cost to participate...or is it free?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:37 am
I work for a small company and we promote our product on instagram. It does work for us, even though we don't work very hard at it. But we have a specific product that people are looking for, so they are looking for someone like us.

As far as the influencers (I hate that term and the whole concept). One of them approached us when she was smaller. She wanted our product and asked us to give it to her for free in exchange for promoting it. We saw our follower count go up immediately, but there wasn't any immediate increase in demand. It's possible that some of those followers purchased from us eventually, but there is no way of really knowing.

She recently reached out to us again, but now she wants a few thousand dollars to promote our product. We didn't feel that it was worth it for us, but I know someone else who did pay her to promote their product and they felt it was worth it. They were a very new company so for them the exposure made a difference.

rmbg

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:42 am
I find it interesting that some of you feel that a strictly business account turns you away. I can’t stand when business owners start showing their kids or their pets. I really don’t have interest in your kids and pets. Please don’t show me them or video them. Keep that for your family. And if you keep on doing it I stop following.

workout geek

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:47 am
amother wrote:
I was looking into the business challenge... but was actually having trouble finding where to sign up!

how much does it cost to participate...or is it free?

It's free (I think ☺️) but there are certain times that she starts a new group. I think there will be a new one in January but not sure. She usually talks about it during some of her stories and posts on IG.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
So what I'm gathering is:

1. must add in some personal element not to make it just about my buisness over and over again

2. influencer "selling" my service may not be believed that they actually love my product, but it still may accomplish the purpose of people falling for it and contacting me

(can you believe that I am/was so naive to think that the influencer reviews were genuine?!? some of them I could believe are doing it for money, but others I dunno, I still find it hard that they don't really love it-- they may have received the product free in the mail, or a service was offered for free (hair, makeup etc..) but aside from getting it for free, I feel like they still enjoyed the product/service... I still rather think the happy thoughts of my naive state of mind.. I'm not an impulse buyer so I don't run to buy anything too quickly just because someone with 10+ followers said so. but if I legit need it anyway.... rant over)

3. my face is not a must, but will definitely help build the connection

I really learned so much more from all your responses.. please keep them coming with any insights and advice you may have for me! (or anyone reading this!!)

Do you have other marketing plans, other than Instagram?

It took me 3 years to start getting clients from Instagram, and less than 10% of my current client base comes from Instagram.

I would strongly advise that you pursue Instagram IN ADDITION to other marketing channels! It is extraordinary rare for a business to succeed exclusively due to its social media marketing.

As I stated yesterday, since you're anonymous, if you tell us what kind of service you're trying to market, I'm certain I'd be able to think of good ideas for you!

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:57 am
There are ppl who do social media for businesses as a business.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics