Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Need a new hand mixer

ectomorph

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:19 am
Suitable for spending a lot of time blending. I bake a lot. Whats a really good brand.

Last edited by ectomorph on Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

ectomorph

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:20 am
Hand mixer blender thing. You know, you put in the sticks and it mixes the batter

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:21 am
I like the Braun hand blender. But it's years old and it's time for a new one.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:28 am
ectomorph wrote:
Hand mixer blender thing. You know, you put in the sticks and it mixes the batter

That's not a hand blender. You mean an electric hand mixer. I buy cheap ones such as Sunbeam and Oster and replace them when the motor dies. Every few years or so.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:47 am
thunderstorm wrote:
That's not a hand blender. You mean an electric hand mixer. I buy cheap ones such as Sunbeam and Oster and replace them when the motor dies. Every few years or so.
thanks. I edited the title. Mine get a lot of use and seem to last 3 months. Wondering if there's better quality out there

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:54 am
I love my cuisineart handmixer. I got it for $20 at Macy's with a $10 rebate. They have it from time to time. It has 3 speeds and a great motor that can handle heavy cookie doughs without dying. I bake alot but don't feel like shlepping out my magic mill all the time - except for Challah, I just use a big bowl and my hand mixer.

For blending, I have a cuisineart hand blender. It does a good job at pureeing soups right in the pot. I wish they'd invent one that doesn't suction downward as you are pureeing. I find that so annoying.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 2:27 pm
Have a Hamilton Beach one for years. I take it out when I need a dairy mixer. Their items seem to be good! Not the only product I have from them.

mc

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 2:34 pm
I like the kitchenaid hand mixer. I specifically wanted a mixer with stainless steel beaters that wouldn't rust, and this seems to working well. I also find it more convenient than taking out the bosch we use mostly for challah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics