Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do you know anything abt Cheder Imrei Binah in Monsey?

pushingforward

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:22 pm
Hi, I would love to hear info on cheder Imrei binah in Monsey, If you send there ,or know of anyone sending there, or heard of it , can you please share?

I would also appreciate if you can suggest another cheder in Monsey that could be interesting for us, so let me share what I'm looking for;
Were chassidish (not belonging to any specific chassidus)
small classes
experienced teachers/rebbeim
emphasis on instilling a love and connection to yiddishkeit
learning through understanding(not just reading/memorizing)
good secular education
understanding the importance of emotional well-being

anyone?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 11:38 pm
I doubt you'll find a good secular education in places like Imrei Binah, and certainly not Bais Dovid if anyone suggests that.

If you're willing to step out a little check out Be'er Yeshaya/Ateres Tzvi. There are plenty chassidish boys there.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 7:47 am
Imrie Binah is a run of the mill chassidish cheder.
Maybe you should try Imrei shefer? They have a great secular education.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:03 am
My nephew is currently attending Beer Yeshaya, and they are exactly what you described in your OP. His secular education is even better than mine was, having attended a very academic Bais Yaakov. The staff is very focused on being mechanech the children in the way that today’s generation needs. They are more expensive that other boys schools in Monsey, but you get what you pay for! They have small classes- I believe the kindergarten has 9 kids right now. They’ll definitely get a few more students in Pre 1 A and first grade, but the high tuition they charge enables them to run their school with small classes.

My sister is BH very happy with her school choice, as is her son. I can’t recommend the school enough! I advise setting up an interview with the principal. He’ll explain the philosophy of the school in depth, and you’ll see if it’s for you.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:33 am
Imrei binah is still too young to have an english department, oldest class is kita beis. BUt everything else on your list fits. It's a nice heimish, neutral chassidish parent body.

Beer yeshaya is a bit more modernish I believe. And they did have funding issues, closed down and re-opened so to me they don't seem so stable. But imrei binah is also too new to know how stable it is long-term.

imrei shefer has bums.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:48 am
Forestgreen, define "bums"?? You'll find "bums" in every cheder. If you want your child to have a wonderful cheder experience with rabbi's that really care, Imrei shefer is the place for you. They instill such a warmth towards yiddishkeit & real ahavas hashem and ahavas mitzvos. Between minkatch and imrei shefer, there are more so called "bums" in minkatch, minkatch chassidim dont even send there.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:10 am
Disclaimer: I don't send to any of the chedarim bring discussed here just to a run of the mill chasidish one.
At one point imrei shefer had a bad name. I don't know what the word on the street with the young crowd is now. One thing I know for sure the preschool curriculum is amazing. I was so impressed.

pushingforward

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:21 am
Op here Thanks all,
Is Beer Yeshaya/Ateres Tzvi same thing?
I am considering Imrei Shufer, the cheder really apealed to me, but my husband would want more info on the menahal,just to understand more who he is. And just wanted to hear what are other options .

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:36 am
Yes, Beer Yehoshua is Ateres Tzvi. Its under new ownership.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:59 am
I find it so sad to see the term bums.
Because they practice yiddishkeit differently than you? Name calling might be more bummy to G-d than what they do.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
Forestgreen, define "bums"?? You'll find "bums" in every cheder. If you want your child to have a wonderful cheder experience with rabbi's that really care, Imrei shefer is the place for you. They instill such a warmth towards yiddishkeit & real ahavas hashem and ahavas mitzvos. Between minkatch and imrei shefer, there are more so called "bums" in minkatch, minkatch chassidim dont even send there.

Sorry, but this is not true. Imrei Shefer has extremely lenient rules for parents.
Munkacz is much stricter and much more picky. They definitely have a more standard Chassidish parent body than Imrei Shefer.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 1:04 pm
pushingforward wrote:
Op here Thanks all,
Is Beer Yeshaya/Ateres Tzvi same thing?
I am considering Imrei Shufer, the cheder really apealed to me, but my husband would want more info on the menahal,just to understand more who he is. And just wanted to hear what are other options .

Yes, Beer Yeshaya is Ateres Tziv, renamed. They have stopped accepting modern families- that’s why they have small classes.

pushingforward

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 2:40 am
[quote="amother"] They are more expensive that other boys schools in Monsey, but you get what you pay for! They have small classes- I believe the kindergarten has 9 kids right now. They’ll definitely get a few more students in Pre 1 A and first grade, but the high tuition they charge enables them to run their school with small classes.

Are they more expensive then Imrei Shufer?

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 11:41 pm
I think it's a given that the best and most caring staff is @ imrei shefer

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:04 pm
Can anyone give more info on this cheider?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:09 pm
Neutral Chassidish cheder.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics