Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Food stamps fur coats and jewelry
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 9:57 am
amother wrote:
The latinas have entire "businesses" of cashing in their food stamps card. They swipe their card at the market and get the cash. There's probably more illegal activity in the non Jewish world. The Spanish and Mexicans are so not interested in working but they want everything given to them.

Banging head Banging head Banging head
Can you figure out what’s wrong with this post?
Doesn’t take a genius.
Banging head Banging head Banging head

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:00 am
Ravenclaw, everyone is busy saying that we jews do illegal things, I'm allowed to point out that theres just as much illegal activity, if not more, by the non jews.
These illegal immigrants come here and they're living a good life off of all programs without being interested in a job, while we're working our *ss off so our taxes can support them.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
It doesn't disprove anything. It is one person. In general the best dressed families are the visibly frum ones. The worst dressed are the Hispanic / black families in general.

I go shopping and see people sending lots of $$ for those cheap looking clothes. If they aren't dressed so nice doesn't mean they spent less than how much you spent on your nice dress.
An example, at the park, my kid looked adorable in a Heather grey knit dress that was $8 and then came along a kid who wore an outfit I saw in an exoensive store. My kid looked dressy and neat. Hers looked sloopy and cheap.....
I believe it's a style. Not an income that makes a person look nicely put together.
And about wic, we aren't eligible. Not everyone is.
Yet we are struggling. I had to budget to be able to buy a new bra. My kid needs new shoes and I'm busy scouring the Internet for something that will satisfy the school rules yet last longer than the 2 months her $12 shoes lasted.

We have to pay for insurance, dental, astronomical medical deductables because, you know, we're rich......
The school wanted to up out tuition because we make so much money.....

Yet I have a bugaboo (a gift). Massive diamond earrings. I always look put together when I go out. (And when I desperately needed a new bra I didn't go out....) and my kids always look to kill and matching)
It helps that I can sew and I make sure their clothes always look and fit nice. (Most of them hand me downs. Yes. Matching handmedowns) And as a teen I took a hair cutting course. So I can cut their hair real nice.....

Most poeple I know who have all the "shmaltz" get it legally. Even though your income is pretty high, but when you have 10+ kids.... u can still be eligible for stuff.
My family who had all the shmaltz struggle less than us. What can one do? Bh, they don't know the pain of checking which cc still has some we can use to pay for groceries.....
And they always look put together. With nice skin, they do not need lots of makeup and maintenance. And a good body any decent outfit looks good. They don't look like paupers. They marry off their kids in the lowest standard. But still within community standard. But then they have rich in laws that help them out a bit but they are still accumulating debt. Thay they are slowly paying off.
Then there are the few who cheat the system. And those are the ones who go on vacations and all.

But I'm not jelous. I know we are living an honest living. And come 120, when asked the big questions, I'll be able to say yes with a full mouth.

Point of this post, you never know if this person got it as a gift, if they have it from a previous financial situation. If if if . The possibilities are endless.

Look inside yourself. And don't judge.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
Ravenclaw, everyone is busy saying that we jews do illegal things, I'm allowed to point out that theres just as much illegal activity, if not more, by the non jews.
These illegal immigrants come here and they're living a good life off of all programs without being interested in a job, while we're working our *ss off so our taxes can support them.

I see I've come to conclude from this thread that jews wear fur coats, push fancy strollers and use food stamps and medicaid. Who is working their *ss off exactly?

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:09 am
amother wrote:

I called out the OP when they made a blanket statement about Jewish communities.
And I am calling you out for making blanket statements about Latinas.
I agree that there are some in Spanish communities that cheat the system, just as some in our do. But saying “Mexicans don’t want to work and just want us to support them” is racist. (Just as saying certain Jewish communities are fraudulent, point blank, is stereotyping and wrong.)

watergirl

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:09 am
Locking this thread. If you really dont know why, you can pm me.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics